Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
crumpy0118
crumpy0118 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Sony PRS-505 Mac generated E-Pub unreadable

I hope that this is new, at least I couldn't find it on the forums.

I've generated a few e-pub files from Pages (Apple Software). They are readable on the software "Reader for Mac". but when "synced" onto the PRS-505 all that shows is a single page entry with a page error message. The file 450Kb is shown as loaded onto the reader but the device can't display it!
Am I missing something? Has anyone any ideas? Tried Sony forum with no joy and life's too short for their phone help.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #2
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards I hope you find your answer
Advert
Old 07-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by crumpy0118 View Post
I hope that this is new, at least I couldn't find it on the forums.

I've generated a few e-pub files from Pages (Apple Software). They are readable on the software "Reader for Mac". but when "synced" onto the PRS-505 all that shows is a single page entry with a page error message. The file 450Kb is shown as loaded onto the reader but the device can't display it!
Am I missing something? Has anyone any ideas? Tried Sony forum with no joy and life's too short for their phone help.
Try posting this on the dedicated Sony Reader thread you'll likely get more traffic from experienced Sony owners and find one that can help....
Old 07-09-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Hello and welcome to MR!
Old 07-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Thread closed.

Suggestion on where to go has been given.

Don
(Moderator)
Advert
Closed Thread

Tags
e-pub, mac, prs-505 epub