Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-24-2007, 08:51 AM   #1
adelheid
Zealot
adelheid began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Connecting Cybook locks up Intel Macbook Pro 10.4.11

I tried connecting my newly arrived Cybook to my Intel Macbook Pro.

It didn't show up as a mass storage device but instead my Macbook became completely unusable. I had to hard reset my Mac, because it didn't respond to any input anymore.

No messages in the system.log, no clue what is going wrong.

Did anyone else have problems connecting to a Mac?

edit: apparently I cannot connect the Cybook without an SD card inserted ....

Last edited by adelheid; 12-24-2007 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Found reason
adelheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 06:07 PM   #2
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
I am able to connect mine to my Intel miniMac, 10.4.11 OS, without problems, with and without SC card in. So it may be hardware-related, problem with Cybook, or the Mac.

Probably not connected to the issue, but I wonder if it's important if you connect it to USB 2.0 port, or old USB 1.1.

Also, when I was trying earlier to connect it to USB 2.0 on a PC through additional USB slot card (not on the mainboard), it was displaying mass of various errors, but refused to detect the devices properly. Then I conected it through USB slot on the mainboard, and it connected just fine.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2007, 08:55 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Try connecting the Cybook without any memory card. Also if you are on a network, disconnect all the network drives in case the OS wants to connect the Gen3 as one of the drives already in use.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 02:26 PM   #4
leeloo
multipass
leeloo began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
WFM with Intel mac (mini) and ppc (iBook), both with 10.5. (And Win XP on the mini under VMWare Fusion.)
leeloo is offline   Reply With Quote