Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-03-2013, 04:50 AM   #22516
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Not good. Wasn't it covered by insurance? Brick might have more difficulty with CDs these days (), no cassettes in sight in our house any more. And we do hide the ribbons normally, but she managed to sneak into our dining room, which is normally closed off, and get at the balloon from my daughter's recent Birthday celebrations.
Is it common to have pet insurance there? Although it is available here, I don't personally know any pet owners who have it. BTW, Brick? Great name!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:31 AM   #22517
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Is it common to have pet insurance there? Although it is available here, I don't personally know any pet owners who have it. BTW, Brick? Great name!
Yes, it's quite commonplace. Both our cats are insured, even though they are house cats. Brick is named after the youngest son in The Middle .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #22518
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
After spending several hours recently getting rid of a malware program on my mother's notebook I noticed today that there was another one (changing the homepage). After spending an hour scanning her notebook it found a total of 6 malware programs! And I wasn't able to get those fixed because you have to buy the full version to be able to do so.

Considering the amount of c*$p I advised her not to buy the full version but reinstall windows. However, she never burned recovery dvd's (as I advised) and since I don't know if malware can worm its way into a recovery partition (and because I don't want to spend half a day installing windows for her) I told her to let the computer helpdesk at Staples, where she bought her notebook, reinstall windows for her and make recovery dvd's. This will cost her money, but hopefully that will teach her to be careful!

I also begged her to get an Apple notebook next time.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #22519
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #22520
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6

Someone left the cake out in the rain!!!!
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #22521
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post

Someone left the cake out in the rain!!!!
I don't think that I can take it.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #22522
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Stitchawl
Old 05-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #22523
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post

Stitchawl
Lolololol!!!!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #22524
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Stitchawl
Old 05-07-2013, 03:01 AM   #22525
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
I loved starting my working day with a good song, but starting it with a good quote has something to it too.
(Ups, that's no rant!)
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #22526
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Something I read in one of the major news wires about how 95% of all telephone calls are automatically screened for key words and flagged for investigation if they show up. It got me thinking about the complaints about Facebook privacy, Twitter, etc., etc., etc. That led me to wondering about e-mail privacy too. I wonder just how far does it really extend?

Stitchawl

Stitchawl
Old 05-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #22527
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
my son is in cyber-security, I can tell he is using me for training when I answer the phone and he says; "so machmoud! how many camels for my daugter? (then goes on into a long multi dialect arabic rant)" but he lets me know! scary that entities like facebook would pry!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #22528
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
I wonder just how far does it really extend?

Stitchawl

Stitchawl
If you say (think) it they will come!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #22529
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
I wonder just how far does it really extend?

Stitchawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
If you say (think) it they will come!

I guess my question is more about the 'they' and the 'what' rather than the 'if.'
Certainly the NSA is listening for national security issues. And they probably clue in Homeland Security and the FBI for red flags that pop up under their own purview. But Facebook? And other Social Media forums? Sure, they are interested in what can be sold to marketing accounts. Money talks. All social media forums have visitor message areas that can be read by everyone.

And most have Private Message areas that can only be seen by the person they are sent to... maybe. Maybe. Just how private ARE private messages?

Who can actually see those? Who has access to private messages besides the person to whom they are sent?

Stitchawl
Old 05-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #22530
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
I guess my question is more about the 'they' and the 'what' rather than the 'if.'
Certainly the NSA is listening for national security issues. And they probably clue in Homeland Security and the FBI for red flags that pop up under their own purview. But Facebook? And other Social Media forums? Sure, they are interested in what can be sold to marketing accounts. Money talks. All social media forums have visitor message areas that can be read by everyone.

And most have Private Message areas that can only be seen by the person they are sent to... maybe. Maybe. Just how private ARE private messages?

Who can actually see those? Who has access to private messages besides the person to whom they are sent?

Stitchawl
Anyone with access to the servers the private messages where routed through?
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness