Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-19-2012, 05:11 AM   #1
ewandeep
Zealot
ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Sony PRS-350 Nook Touch Glow
Removing gmail account from rooted nook

I have to give the nook to a friend and of course I want to remove my gmail account.
Did anyone try this?

IS there no danger for the nook (losing the root or anything else)?
How it can register his account ? I wonder if he should repeat the process of registering on youtube and so on ..

Of course I also have to deregister the nook. any danger in this procedure too?

Thanks
ewandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:08 AM   #2
Mujokan
Connoisseur
Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Looking around, if you don't want to reflash, apparently you can delete a file called accounts.db and reboot. You would need a root-enabled file manager to do this, ES File Explorer can do that - you have to alter the "Settings" though to give it full access. Or you could just change your password, though that is not a very elegant solution.

Of the apps that came with Touch Nooter, there is one called DeviceRegistrator and one called Oobe Reg. I think both can register with B&N, but the second version seems simpler. The first one has two sections, "Device Options" and "User Options", for registering, deregistering and authenticating. However I don't know exactly how it works (presumably you enter the right details and press the appropriate button...). The second one just dumps you back into the native registration app. Not sure where it would start after deregistering, hopefully right at the start. (With me it starts partway through.)

I think you lose data when you deregister normally (sideloaded books etc), but I am not sure of the complications with a rooted device and these apps. Anyway, back up everything using a backup app, to be certain.

Your friend will definitely want to hook it up to Google, and probably to B&N also.
Mujokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #3
ewandeep
Zealot
ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujokan View Post
I think you lose data when you deregister normally (sideloaded books etc), but I am not sure of the complications with a rooted device and these apps. Anyway, back up everything using a backup app, to be certain.

Your friend will definitely want to hook it up to Google, and probably to B&N also.
NO problem in loosing data, are all mine.
But I wonder if I simply can do as I do with an android device, removing my account from the android part and then deregister my device normally.
What do you think about?

Remember mine is a Nook Touch, not color, you posted the instructions for the color.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
Mujokan
Connoisseur
Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Well, I think in normal Android you would be looking under Settings > Personal > Accounts & sync. However, "Settings" for my NST goes to the standard Nook settings screen so there is no "Personal" option. The Nook Color Tools that comes with Touch Nooter has a way to get to all the settings screens, but I can't see the option in there. But give it a try, and post back if you find anything. You could possibly image the drive so you have a backup if something goes wrong.
Mujokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #5
ewandeep
Zealot

Solved

Solved, unfortunately you should do all the process in the following:

1) Back to stock using touchformatter see http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1475613
2) Register again with your old account
3) Deregister (you should do 2 and 3, on the contrary B&n recognize the nook is registered to another user)
4) Register with the new account
5) Root again from scratch

Really not so complicated as it seems, but next time I will register the nook with a secondary gmail account, so I can change my password and give the account to the new user.