Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-21-2014, 05:54 PM   #1
Bobioden
Connoisseur
Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iPad rMini
First Name/Last Name to Last Name/First Name

All my books are in my Calibre Library as First Name/Last Name, is there a way to change them all at once to Last Name/First Name?

Thanks,

Bob
Bobioden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:44 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobioden View Post
All my books are in my Calibre Library as First Name/Last Name, is there a way to change them all at once to Last Name/First Name?

Thanks,

Bob
Quality check Plugin: Fix: <Flip names. Works either way> of all selected files
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2014, 12:05 AM   #3
Bobioden
Connoisseur
Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

That plugin worked great. Thanks. Of the 7000 books it only missed a 100 or so.

The issue I have now is in the Calibre Library directory. I have the old names first name/last name, listed with no books inside. The newly changed format last name/first name containes the books. Any way to get rid of the old folders without having to delete them one by one?
Old 07-22-2014, 12:38 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Try the Check Library function (Library Maintenance / Check Library) and, after the first part of the check completes, select the option to "check if the files in your library match the information in the database".

The extra author directories should be flagged here. and can be removed here too.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:39 AM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
There shouldn't be any old folders. If there are (because of file conflicts with Sync programs or lockfiles from another program) then it won't affect calibre's working -- however, you can clean up foreign data in calibre's library using Check Library (part of Library Maintenance, in the toolbar Library dropdown).

Edit: Ninjaed by PeterT.

Last edited by eschwartz; 07-22-2014 at 09:47 AM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2014, 12:52 AM   #6
Bobioden
Connoisseur

Thanks, that worked. Is there any way to highlight all the authors and deleted them all at once. Right now I have to check every author individually.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:01 AM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Not that I know of. I think it's like that to make sure you check each one carefully before deleting files.

You could also use something like http://www.jonasjohn.de/red.htm
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:05 AM   #8
Bobioden
Connoisseur

makes sense. Thanks again for your help. the ducks, PeterT, and eschwartz
Old 07-22-2014, 09:13 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
makes sense. Thanks again for your help. the ducks, PeterT, and eschwartz
Leftover folders almost always means something (or someone ) interfered with the library structure at sometime.

Virus scans or clouds that lock or refresh files.
Having a book open (edit mode lock file) in another program during a name change
Old 07-22-2014, 10:26 AM   #10
Bobioden
Connoisseur

One final question. I added a couple books last night, and it adds them as first name/last name. Is there a setting to change how they added. I don't want to have to do them each time I add a book.

Thanks again.

My library structure is a Mac, who has a mind of it's own.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:51 AM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
One final question. I added a couple books last night, and it adds them as first name/last name. Is there a setting to change how they added. I don't want to have to do them each time I add a book.

Thanks again.

My library structure is a Mac, who has a mind of it's own.
Preferences:adding books: <look on the right>
Note this all depends on the (inconsistent?) source of the metadata.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:51 PM   #12
Bobioden
Connoisseur

Thanks, that was what I was looking for.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:00 PM   #13
Bobioden
Connoisseur

Actually under Preferecnces the swap author first and last name did not work. I just added a book and it is first name/last name.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:54 PM   #14
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Actually under Preferecnces the swap author first and last name did not work. I just added a book and it is first name/last name.
@Bobioden - reading the thread I got a bit confused

Are you are referring to the author folder names or the author metadata. AFAIK, the library folder names (author and title) are not configurable

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:25 PM   #15
Bobioden
Connoisseur

This is in Edit Metadata. The Author field is first name/last name, and the Author Sort is Last Name/first name.

The author folder names where fixed by using the quality check, my library now is correct, just when books are added to Calibre, they are still first name/ last name.