Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #46
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by camiller View Post
Hadn't thought of that!, Now I have to change my birthday every month
I also entered my correct birthday sort of hoping that I might score a special coupon when that day rolled around but I hadn't thought of this!!
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #47
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Every day is your birthday!
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #48
ClareK
Connoisseur
ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Laser
I have just received an email from Kobo apologising for the confusion and agreeing to refund my payment for Peter Cosgrove's book, so I am happy with the outcome - and I have changed my account settings. Thank you very much to the members of this forum who alerted us to the problem!
ClareK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #49
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Every day is your birthday!
You have only one birthday a year, but 364 unbirthdays.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:35 AM   #50
scottken
Addict
scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook color
Thanks for the heads up on this. I just went into my account options and changed it to not use Quick Buy.
scottken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:34 AM   #51
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
I use Kobo UK a lot, but I have never had any coupons. I get emails from Kobo highlighting books I might like, but no coupons. Where are you guys getting your coupons from?
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:45 AM   #52
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
I use Kobo UK a lot, but I have never had any coupons. I get emails from Kobo highlighting books I might like, but no coupons. Where are you guys getting your coupons from?
Often they just send them to me usually they arrive just before a weekend or a holiday and occasionally just because I haven't brought anything in a while.
Make sure you carefully check those highlight emails I've sometimes seen the coupons in them they are easily missed. The other main source is the coupon thread in the Deals forum
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=115233
remember they can only be applied to non agency books
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:52 AM   #53
winspiration
Connoisseur
winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, Kindle Fire HD
Thanks for the heads up from me too - I'd also been opted in when I checked my account details.
winspiration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:51 PM   #54
Droid
Droid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Glo
I refuse to buy any more books from Kobo until they fix the Quick Buy thing. This was so sneaky.

Luckily, there are more and more places to buy ebooks (without DRM!) now, so I don't need Kobo.

EDIT: My favorite site for buying books is Baen: http://www.baenebooks.com/
Check it out if you love sci-fi and fantasy!
Droid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:11 AM   #55
YoYo
YoYo began at the beginning.

Device: Astak ezreader pocket pro
Unfortunately, I did not know about this issue and went on the website to buy a book with a coupon. I saw the quick buy option and unticked it but before I could blink the book had been charged to my credit card.

I am very angry about thisand have sent an email to kobo demanding a refund. If they don't give it to me I am going to call mastercard and tell them the payment was not authorized.

I am curious to know if this happened to anyone else, my book was not one of the free ones.
YoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #56
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you have the mobile app loaded, be aware that they added a Quick Buy there as well that defaults to enabled regardless of the setting on the site. This setting is per device, so I disabled it on my Android phone and both my Android tablets in case I buy from the app.

Last edited by hwlester; 11-15-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #57
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
YoYo: I've found Kobo Customer Service fairly reasonable when it comes to stuff like this. You may only be able to get a store credit, but I doubt they'll stick you with the book at full cost.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #58
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
If you have the mobile app loaded, be aware that they added a Quick Buy there as well that defaults to enabled regardless of the setting on the site. This setting is per device, so I disabled it on my Android phone and both my Android tablets in case I buy from the app.
Hmm.. I just checked mine and it was not defaulted to enabled. Not sure why yours did.
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #59
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by camiller View Post
Hmm.. I just checked mine and it was not defaulted to enabled. Not sure why yours did.
Hopefully it's not for most people, but better safe than sorry. I usually buy on the website, not the app, anyway.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:53 AM   #60
YoYo
YoYo began at the beginning.

Device: Astak ezreader pocket pro
Smile

I am happy to report that they promptly refunded my money so I am a happy customer and will buy from them again. Yes, I have made sure to remove my credit card from their system and deactivate the quick buy.
YoYo is offline   Reply With Quote