Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-20-2011, 09:37 AM   #1
JonnyG
JonnyG began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Easy way to back up SD card with CM7?

Making very good progress with CM7 on SD card. I now have ADW EX, my wifi stable, many apps, etc. Starting to fine tune the experience for my wife/kids with the 5 panels (wall papers, widgets and general layout).

Running CM7 with nightly 103 (I think) on SD card.

Can I simply buy an identical SD card and copy one to the other periodically to serve as my back-up?

To copy the SD card do I need any special program?

Any help much appreciated

Thx,
Jon
JonnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Linux, dd would probably work just fine. Beware, not all SD cards have the same size even if they have the same model number and are supposed to be identical.

On Windows, WinImage works. Alas, I'm not sure if you can continue using it for free after 30 days.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2011, 10:03 AM   #3
desertdawg
Zealot
desertdawg began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
Hi,

I just use winimage to read the usd card data into a file on
my PC. It can then be zipped to reduce the size.
That's a pretty simple backup method.

One good thing about the 30-day free trial for winimage
is that they only count days when you actually use the program.

Rgds, Dave

Last edited by desertdawg; 06-20-2011 at 10:07 AM. Reason: more info
desertdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #4
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
I make an image of my SD card every time I make any significant change. I use win32diskimager which is free download here

Winimage is shareware for 30 days and then you need to buy it.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:32 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you're finding it useful, is it not worth buying? The way to encourage people to write more such programs is to buy those you find useful.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 02:59 PM   #6
Apoc
Connoisseur
Apoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookC with CM7 (eMMC)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldberry View Post
Winimage is shareware for 30 days and then you need to buy it.
Just be aware that it hijacks many file types. Not a big deal if winimage is the only program that you use, but most annoying for me because I had to manually go into the registry and change things back.

Win32diskimager is more considerate of your present setup.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote