Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-06-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
JohnB
Enthusiast
JohnB began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500, iPAQ 4700, Rocket Ebook, BlackBerry
Upload to My Google eBooks ?

Has anyone figured out if you can upload your own, unencrypted ePUB and PDF files to your Google eBooks library? I was thinking that, if the Google reader app is any good, that keeping books in the cloud and syncing where you are in the book between various mobile devices would be nice.
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
mdb139
Enthusiast
mdb139 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdb139 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdb139 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdb139 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdb139 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdb139 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdb139 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdb139 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdb139 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdb139 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdb139 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android (Samsung Captivate)
No, you can't. It's in the "Known Issues" FAQ.

Quote:
We do not currently offer the feature for users to import ebooks they own from other sources into the My Google eBooks shelf. At this time, only books that are available through Google Books can be stored in your library.
mdb139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #3
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb139 View Post
No, you can't. It's in the "Known Issues" FAQ.
Bummer.... I was pretty excited about this for about 5mins. Loaded it on my iPad and my Android Phone and could not open the DRM free eBook I am currently reading. Even iPad lets me side load content. I do realize that letting everyone upload their entire DRM free collection of ePubs could be problematic from a space perspective, they should think about giving us a limited space for our own content.

Also, reading the included demo book, the book position does not seem to sync back to Android from iPad.

-Greg
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:37 PM   #4
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Has anyone figured out if you can upload your own, unencrypted ePUB and PDF files to your Google eBooks library? I was thinking that, if the Google reader app is any good, that keeping books in the cloud and syncing where you are in the book between various mobile devices would be nice.
I upload non drm epub books and pdfs to my ipad through iTunes and they show just fine in my iBooks app. Probably not the answer you are looking for but may helpful to other readers.
Frankly the Google app reader only works in portrait mode and I prefer landscape, so think I will just delete it. The freebie book (The Magic of Oz) was available through Feedbooks so download it to iBooks app through iTunes. I love the look of books in iBooks so am happy to read it in that app.

Last edited by MsAstoria; 12-06-2010 at 05:44 PM.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote