Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-11-2009, 03:34 AM   #1
Dantie
Dantie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Hey There...

Hi,
I'm new here, and joined primarily to get some help with my spanky new Kindle DX. I'm exhausted by the Barnes & Noble-inspired parade of ugly dead writers and would like to hack them out. The catch is that I have a Mac and all of the talk of the Kindle DX "root" in the hack I've seen in the forums here has me a bit confuddled.

I'll repost this in the appropriate thread, but am generally wondering if any members with Macs here have successfully hacked their Kindle DX screenslideshow.

Thanks! The site is great!
Dantie
Dantie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:45 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Welcome to Mobileread, Dantie.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help you with your Kindle DX's default pictures.

I have a Mac, but not a Kindle, so I can't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantie View Post
Hi,
I'm new here, and joined primarily to get some help with my spanky new Kindle DX. I'm exhausted by the Barnes & Noble-inspired parade of ugly dead writers and would like to hack them out. The catch is that I have a Mac and all of the talk of the Kindle DX "root" in the hack I've seen in the forums here has me a bit confuddled.

I'll repost this in the appropriate thread, but am generally wondering if any members with Macs here have successfully hacked their Kindle DX screenslideshow.

Thanks! The site is great!
Dantie
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2009, 09:31 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Dantie and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 05:13 PM   #4
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Hello Dantie, welcome to MobileRead and thank you for your kind words regarding this site.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #5
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Hi Dantie and welcome to Mobile Read! I can't help you with your question, but I know plenty of people here will be glad to help!
Enjoy the forums!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2009, 11:05 AM   #6
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, dantie!

I'm afraid I can't help with your question but I am glad you found the forum. There are wonderful members here who are extremely knowledgable about all things related to ebook reading, so I am sure someone will be able to help.

Happy reading.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:05 PM   #7
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Like the others, I have no help to offer, but wanted to say WELCOME. I'm sure someone in the Kindle forum will know what to do.
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:51 AM   #8
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hi Dantie, and Click image for larger version

Name:	welcome plaque.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	32270 to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote