Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 03-21-2010, 12:51 PM   #1
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Forum Themes

I thought I had posted this, but apparently I had deleted the tab before I did.

Is is possible to add some other themes/skins to this forum? While I like the current colors, they are at times a little too bright for my eyes and I would like the ability to change off on the colors as needed.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
If it is just colors you want to change you can do that now. Go to user CP and then customize profile. Although I am not sure you can save it as a skin and then switch back and forth easily.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2010, 08:47 AM   #3
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
Is is possible to add some other themes/skins to this forum? While I like the current colors, they are at times a little too bright for my eyes and I would like the ability to change off on the colors as needed.
I also think this would be a wonderful idea if it became possible to implement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
If it is just colors you want to change you can do that now. Go to user CP and then customize profile. Although I am not sure you can save it as a skin and then switch back and forth easily.

Dale
Customizing the profile is excellent but this is only for the member's profile. In the control panel under edit options and then under miscellaneous options there is a forum skin adjustment option. Under this there are currently two different options fixed and liquid (fixed being the default one). Both of these are identical color schemes. As far as I can tell the only difference that I have seen is that the liquid option creates a wider view. I think it would be nice to have colored skin options/schemes added under this adjustment. Of course I realize there is much work being done re-organizing the forum lately (and this is making good improvements which are greatly appreciated. Thanks). If circumstances become available to permit the option to add extra skins then it would be well appreciated.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:32 PM   #4
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Dale
I can't even figure out what all those various parts are that have to be changed in the Customize Profile section, much less assign colors to every part of the web page.

Aren't other "pre-mixed" color schemes & themes available from the web host? As Javed pointed out, the two options currently available to us are virtually the same.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:13 AM   #5
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've been trying out the liquid skin a bit more. It actually stretches and reflows (hence the name liquid). So the text area within the forum can generate a wider or narrower view depending on the degree of screen minimization. This is quite useful! (This is the same as the fixed skin only in the color arrangement!)

Xanthe, customizing the user profile is worth trying (if you are interested in doing so).

Customizing the member's (user) profile is entirely different to skins. Skins are applied to the entire forum viewing areas. Would be great to have colored skins available, as well as the option to apply the fixed or liquid settings to each of these color scheme's skins!
Advert
Old 03-23-2010, 07:47 AM   #6
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force

That's what I'm interested - changing the color of the forum views, not my particular profile. That can stay the default color as far as I care; I usually only visit it for reminders of what I had posted or to see why my karma level changed.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:03 AM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I believe changing your profile will change the entire forum view for you personally. Your profile is where you make the changes, not where the changes apply.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:18 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
I believe changing your profile will change the entire forum view for you personally. Your profile is where you make the changes, not where the changes apply.
Absolutely right.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:51 AM   #9
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

For me to alter skins, the changes are made in the control panel (under edit options, miscellaneous options). These apply to most of the forum including the member's profile. The two skins available are fixed and liquid. The settings can also be temporarily changed at the lower left corner of most pages throughout the forum.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:41 AM   #10
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
I know this is a really old thread, but I am wondering if it is different now than when replies were being made. I made all these changes in my customize profile to get a nice reversed color site. Saved. But the main forum is still showing blue and white for me. I have attached what I set it up for.

It did indeed set my profile to these colors, but those changes did not extrapolate out to the rest of the site. Is there somewhere else I should be making these changes to get them to show up forum-wide?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2017-04-21 at 8.38.08 AM.png
Views:	378
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	156292  
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:26 AM   #11
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@astrangerhere - I doubt anything will happen on this front whilstever MR is using the current forum software (Vbullyton). There is an intent to migrate to different forum software (Zen4ever ???), there is also an intent to put men back on the moon
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote