Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-15-2014, 03:09 PM   #61
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
@thomass: I will prepare a Turkish repository on github and then will let you know.
Stay tuned.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:33 PM   #62
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK thomass, you can find the repo here:
https://github.com/dsmid/kindle-pw2-l10n-tr

You have full access to the repository, I can transfer the ownership to you if you wish.

This is what you need to do next:
  1. Edit config and specify how do you say 'readme' in Turkish.
  2. All the translation besides readmes is in the 'translation_5.4.3' directory, enter it.
  3. Edit the keyboard layouts for Turkish in files 'keymap/en_GB-1024x758.keymap' and 'keymap/en_GB-758x1024.keymap'.
  4. If you wish to install Kindle User's Guide in Turkish, translate it in the 'kug' directory, I recommend editing EPUB in Sygil and then converting to MOBI.
  5. Localize all files in the 'other' tree, besides those in 'security'.
  6. Localize the PO files in the 'po' directory by replacing the msgstr entries with Turkish equivalents. Don't touch the numbers, just the text please.
  7. Don't touch the 'source' tree.
  8. The largest part of the localization is in the 'translation' tree. I've imported the existing Turkish translation for Kindle Touch there but most of the phrases are not translated yet or have more than one translation. These ambiguous translations are separated with a special sequence '#or#'. Whenever you encounter it, keep just the best fitting translation and delete the rest.
    The .translation files have a very simple structure, it's just

<ENGLISH TEXT><TAB><LOCALIZED TEXT><CR><LF>

Please don't ever change the <ENGLISH TEXT>, don't change the <TAB> character to spaces and try to use Windows line endings <CR><LF>.
    If you don't understand ICU expressions like '{0, select, male {Boy} female {Girl} other {Boy}}' let me know and I will explain.
  9. File 'translation_unfinished/nottranslated.zip' contains a packed tree of untranslated or ambiguous phrases, use it for reference. I will try to keep it up-to-date.
  10. Edit files 'loc_hack/src/README_5.4.3' and 'kindle-5.4-jailbreak/README' to provide instructions in Turkish.
Advert
Old 03-15-2014, 08:07 PM   #63
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
OK thomass, you can find the repo here:...
Thanks appreciated. I'll work on it.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:45 AM   #64
dsmid
Linux devotee

Kindle Paperwhite 1 (fw 5.4.4) is now supported as well !
See https://github.com/dsmid/kindle-pw2-l10n-cs
Old 03-19-2014, 10:09 AM   #65
regzno
regzno began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2013
@dsmid
Hello ! I would like to work on Russian translation for Paperwhite 2 fw 5.4.3. Can you make repo for me ?
regzno is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2014, 10:38 AM   #66
dsmid
Linux devotee

@regzno
I am not in the mood to work on Russian localization. Sorry.
All the sources are on Github.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:44 AM   #67
regzno

@dsmid
Maybe you can give me not translated English sources ? I want to make Ukranian and Russian translations for "www.the-ebook.org" forum users. But I think what if I use your sources from GitHub some not translated English words become Czech. Is it right ?
Old 03-20-2014, 03:14 AM   #68
dsmid
Linux devotee

@regzno
Delete the translation tree then copy the source tree to translation and you'll get an empty tree with all framework, pillow, mesquite and acx phrases.
The rest of the translation (keymap, kug, other, po) has to be copied from a an appropriate root tree first and then localized inplace.

Maybe you could just fork https://github.com/dsmid/kindle-pw2-l10n-tr, it doesn't contain any Turkish localization yet, so it can be considered an empty template (apart from config_5.4.3).

Last edited by dsmid; 03-20-2014 at 03:23 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:18 AM   #69
regzno

I will try :-) Thank you very much :-)
Old 03-20-2014, 03:43 AM   #70
dsmid
Linux devotee

@regzno
Forget the Turkish repository, I've created an empty template here:
https://github.com/dsmid/kindle-pw2-l10n-template

Fork it, edit all references to Klingon and localize.

Last edited by dsmid; 03-20-2014 at 04:05 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:07 AM   #71
regzno

@dsmid
Can you help me with ICU expessions ? I found "{0,plural, =0 {No Keyboards} one {{0, number, integer} Keyboard} other {{0, number, integer} Keyboards}}". Is it possible to add one more separate translation for 2,3,4 keyboards ?
Old 03-25-2014, 10:44 AM   #72
dsmid
Linux devotee

@regzno
Unfortunately, that is not possible.
The localization hack replaces en_GB locale and it also inherits its plural rules.
The only solution would be adding a new locale to system and use this locale for localization.
This would bring in many rather complicated issues and generally is not worth the trouble.

I've used a colon workaround for this problem, instead of
1 Keyboard
Keyboard: 1
and instead of
4 Keyboards
Keyboards: 4
Old 03-25-2014, 11:12 AM   #73
regzno

@dsmid
Тhanks for the advice :-) "Adding new locale" - too difficult for me now. I'll use russian word for 2,3,4 keyboards. I think not many pepole use more than 4 keyboards on their Kindles :-)
Old 04-09-2014, 05:45 AM   #74
user743
Addict
user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle PW2 special offers removed by Amazon for FREE
Smile PW2 Hebrew keyboard

is there a hebrew keyboard available for PW2 5.4.2.1 (or maybe 5.4.3, for some reason i didn't get this update.) if not can i make one?

(if you make one try to use another font if possible)

Last edited by user743; 04-09-2014 at 05:51 AM.
user743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:54 AM   #75
dsmid
Linux devotee

There is no hebrew keyboard I know about.
Keyboard definition is a text file (gzipped JSON), so making your own is quite easy.
The other thing is how to install it.
However it is possible to make a hebrew localization package that will take care of installing stuff.
Refer to these posts in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=62
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=70