Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #1
francisca
francisca began at the beginning.

Device: prs t1
control music while reading

I have some questions about sony prs t1 e-reader. First, are there any easier ways to control music while reading? Everytime I want to pause the music, I have to go back to the home page, click the music icon and get back to the reading page again. It's really a hassle. Second, can I change the font of all PDF files? I found it doesn't work on some PDF files. Hopefully I can find the answers here. Thanks!
francisca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
m3l7d0wN
Zealot
m3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony PRS-T1
yeah, that's an interesting question...
I have some audiobooks, and I want to read the book while listening to it, it's quite difficult
it's not possible with the standard reader.. maybe with the customize reader?
I don't know
m3l7d0wN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
schorsch-lukas
schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1 with Rupor's (minimal/AMR) Root Package
Thumbs up It's possible!

It is possible, and I'm quite satisfied with it so far, but am yet looking for a better audio-player app.

Here is what i did:
- I rooted it, using Rupor's AMR root package.
- I installed FBReader, a popular open source ebook reader app.

Rooting with the above method is quite easy, but you will lose your warranty. However theres ways to backup the readers state beforehand & reset it at a later time, and I think the benefits of rooting are far greater - although i only have it since a few days, but am very happy with it so far.

Your Menu and the book selection will basically stay the same (you can set the 3 books in the middle to last read instead of last added, and you'll have a 3rd page with your installed apps).
On opening a Book you'll be asked what app you want to use for reading, the original or FBReader. Here you could check to always use FBReader.

When hitting the menu button from within FBReader the context menu appears + your top status bar with the battery Icon and your playing music etc. Touching this and then the Music app brings you to your player. Pressing the back key brings you to the fullscreen book again.

It's quite convenient, however I'm looking for a better music player than the stock one, at the moment, since there are apps like the normal android music player that allow you to pause/play from within the pulldown status bar = even less hassle.

Last edited by schorsch-lukas; 05-26-2012 at 09:19 AM.
schorsch-lukas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #4
schorsch-lukas
schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1 with Rupor's (minimal/AMR) Root Package
about the pdf: there are some tweaks for non-rooted devices (including the above mentioned "last read" view) and changing of fonts. this wiki holds a lot of useful info, however i didn't look into that. fonts in pdfs are often embedded, as far as i know, pdfs are more like pictures in layout, not fluid like epubs.
I'm using the official Adobe Reader in text-reflow mode on mine and am quite satisfied with it. If you own an android phone you can test the apps mentioned here, to get an idea of the possibilities with rooting.
schorsch-lukas is offline   Reply With Quote