Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
sarah11918
Edge User

Charging from low battery status quirk

I guess I just noticed this for the first time, and it freaked me out a bit (having had charging issues in the past, I'm skittish) so I'll just mention in case others notice the same behaviour. I hadn't seen it mentioned before but I could have missed it. Apologies if it's already been discussed.

I turned on the edge this morning at 10% battery life, then proceeded to plug in. The green light started flashing just fine, but the animated battery icon wasn't moving at all. I went to check the battery status and it did say Charging (AC) and I watched the battery level move up to 11%, so the machine certainly thought it was charging. But just looking at the icon, you wouldn't know it.

Then I got the "You're at less than 15% battery life, please plug in the charger" message and I was worried since i was already plugged in. Every minute or two I would have to cancel away this message until I hit 15%, at which point the icon began animating, too.

So I guess the machine just might function little differently with respect to power management once it gets below 15% battery life, but as far as I can tell, it's just these two indicators might lead you to believe it's not charging when it's actually fine. In the time it's taken to write this message, I've charged up to 23% and everything now looks as expected.