Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: issybird Run-Off • June 2014, Single Choice
A Diary without Dates by Enid Bagnold 5 41.67%
Testament of Youth by Vera Brittain 7 58.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2014, 10:49 AM   #16
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
^Thanks for the luck.

I'm sure I'll end up reading. I added it to my price watcher service. I'd like to read it in eBook if possible, but $12.99(cdn) is a stretch for my book budget. I only give myself $20 a month for anything book related and I've really been maxing that amount this year with the challenge.

I'll just probably be very late to the discussion.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:30 AM   #17
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Hope you can join us in time. I'm currently reading November's selection. Better late than never.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:47 AM   #18
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Good luck with this month's selection, HomeInMyShoes. I was only momentarily put off by the length until I remembered that how quickly I finish a book has little to do with length and everything to do with how eager I am to keep picking it up until I reach the last page. Testament of Youth looks like an excellent read, but I won't get to it until I complete two books I'm reading now as well as Hyperion, the MR book club selection, which is from the public library and can't wait.

Thanks to Issybird for the thoughtful list.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:49 PM   #19
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
^Given how much time I have to read, 600 pages is still at least one week of reading and more like two. Given that I already have 1,000 pages of library books out that need to read, I'm probably three weeks out from two weeks of reading. Feeling like the rabbit from Alice in Wonderland, "I'm late!"
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:20 PM   #20
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I know exactly how you feel! If only there were more time in a day. And, my TBR list just keeps growing with this book club. But that's a happy thing!

TGIF! Looking forward to the weekend and some quality time relaxing by the pool and reading. Hoping to finish A Tale of Love and Darkness and get started on this one.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:00 PM   #21
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
TGIF! Looking forward to the weekend and some quality time relaxing by the pool and reading. Hoping to finish A Tale of Love and Darkness and get started on this one.
I thought A Tale of Love and Darkness was fabulous; it was one of my best reads last year.

TGIF, indeed! I have some deck clearing myself before I start Testament.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:23 PM   #22
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I thought A Tale of Love and Darkness was fabulous; it was one of my best reads last year.
TGIF, indeed! I have some deck clearing myself before I start Testament.
80% complete and agree it's a fantastic read! Will post my thoughts soon. Hope everyone has a happy, safe and relaxing weekend!