Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-22-2011, 03:20 AM   #961
blak4dr
Zealot
blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 623, Kobo Glo HD, Aura One,Aura H2O2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
DRM circumvention can't be discussed here. I suggest you try at Apprentice Alf's blog.
Is, I'm afraid, all the answer you will get here
blak4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:21 AM   #962
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
When install and activate ADE, it creates a key. That key will be used to apply DRM to the book and is needed by the scripts. The ineptkey retrieves the key from ADE. If you don't have the key, you are out of luck.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2011, 07:35 PM   #963
Foxxy
Foxxy began at the beginning.

Device: none
ePub drm removal

When install and activate ADE, it creates a key. That key will be used to apply DRM to the book and is needed by the scripts. The ineptkey retrieves the key from ADE. If you don't have the key, you are out of luck.

I am hoping you are responding to my question - if so - what does ADE mean??
I am really pretty illiterate with synonyms - so what is installed that activates this "ADE" and creates a key????

Thanks - at least the world didn't end yesterday... LOL
Foxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:16 PM   #964
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
ADE = Adobe Digital Editions
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:27 PM   #965
Foxxy
Foxxy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ok, thanks - so i have to have adobe installed also at the same time to get this to work.......

hmmmm - i had it installed when i was trying the 2.7 version and i still got the same thing.......

Ok, guess i'll have to install adobe again and try it...

Thanks a million!!!!
Foxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2011, 08:08 AM   #966
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you didn't have ADE, then how did you get the book with DRM? When you downloaded the book from the store, it used the key. If you got the book with DRM in another way, you are out of luck.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #967
coolfishx
coolfishx began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3
ePub.Unadept (just for Win folks)

Hi,

I just compiled a freeware application that strips DRM (ADEPT) from ePub's, without requiring Python and command line operations.
The application runs only on Windows for now and it requires .Net 3.5 . Attached you will find the binaries and also an installation kit.

Best regards,
DM

Moderator Notice
The attachment with your tool has been removed.

MR allows discussion of DRM removal, but forbids posting of the tools to do so or direct links to the tools. Because MR is the largest and most influential site devoted to ebooks and the supporting technology, it is read by content producers and must be extra careful about such things. We don't need the aggravation of someone who applied DRM in the first place coming after us because we supplied a tool to remove it. In some places, doing so is illegal.

Thanks for your understanding in the future.
______
Dennis

Last edited by DMcCunney; 08-27-2011 at 12:24 PM.
coolfishx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:12 PM   #968
Toxaris
Wizard

Please remove the download. It is not allowed here!
Old 08-27-2011, 11:34 PM   #969
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
*sigh* I tought I just check for a laugh:

the required net 3.5 pack seems to be short under 200 MB
the gain is as the tools author said "no command line operations" - what a trade ! i somehow tought about the good old days and don't feel like laughing anymore...

back then people read manuals and used their keyboards - nowdays they just click, not understanding what they do - btw. clicking "I read the guidelines" counts too - it would be kind of funny if it wouldn't be so sad.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:52 AM   #970
Toxaris
Wizard

Yep, and there are so many good command line tools for which there are no or hardly no good GUI's. Does not make them any less valuable...

Tags
adept, adobe epub drm, ainept, drm, drm removal, drm-free epub, inept