Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-07-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Sony Reader at CES

Wow...Sony Reader was actually mentioned at CES as one of the bright spot selling products.

pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I have a feeling they had a huge jump in sales with the holidays, especially with the kindle sold out.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, the Sony CES briefing is over. That is the only mention about the reader.

The did announce the Vaio P (a netbook) which has 3G but no word on price. But, I have heard it will be $900 EEK! How can that compete with the $400 EEE touch screen tablet?

They have additional briefings on specific areas, so we will see if there are an announcements about readers in the coming days.

BOb
Old 01-07-2009, 08:13 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Are you there pilotbob?
Old 01-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Are you there pilotbob?
No was reading Engadget's coverage live blog.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/07/l...s-press-event/

BOb
Advert
Old 01-07-2009, 08:16 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
No was reading Engadget's coverage live blog.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/07/l...s-press-event/

BOb
Ahh gotcha. I was just reading woot.com's blog. They go every year and their blog never fails to entertain.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:17 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Ahh gotcha. I was just reading woot.com's blog. They go every year and their blog never fails to entertain.
I guess woot goes there to see what they will be selling in 3 years.

BOb
Old 01-07-2009, 08:19 PM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I guess woot goes there to see what they will be selling in 3 years.

BOb
He he he. And what'll be in the wootoff in three years and 1 month. I'm ready for a wootoff, maybe one next week.

Always thought Sony should put the refurbed Readers on woot. I'm sure they have them.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:38 PM   #9
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
My husband is at the show. He has promised to look for the latest and greatest in reader technology as he knows I am a complete techno junkie!
kaz
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:41 PM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
My husband is at the show. He has promised to look for the latest and greatest in reader technology as he knows I am a complete techno junkie!
kaz
Oh sooooo jealous.

I bet there are tons of freebies...
Old 01-07-2009, 08:42 PM   #11
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
kaz
arg ! i'm jealous. i hope you'll pass along all the info he reports to you !

(ooooh, tell him to look for the DeCarta map gps search and routing application !! i wrote some of the code for the demo pages. )
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:51 PM   #12
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
arg ! i'm jealous. i hope you'll pass along all the info he reports to you !

(ooooh, tell him to look for the DeCarta map gps search and routing application !! i wrote some of the code for the demo pages. )
I am jealous, too!! He asked me to go with him but someone had to stay home with the kids!! I'll pass along the request about DeCart and let you all know if he uncovers anything interesting. He was bragging about how huge the show was in our last phone conversation.
Oh, why did I feel the need to reproduce!?!
kaz
Old 01-07-2009, 08:56 PM   #13
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I am jealous, too!! He asked me to go with him but someone had to stay home with the kids!! I'll pass along the request about DeCart and let you all know if he uncovers anything interesting.
oh, thank you, thank you !! i've been burning with curiosity ever since i found out (i didn't know it would be demo-ed at CES when i was working on the project).
Quote:
He was bragging about how huge the show was in our last phone conversation.
Oh, why did I feel the need to reproduce!?!
kaz
heh, that'll teach you ! i hope he's going to take a lot of photos and tell you all about it, to make up... tell him, next time HE can babysit, and YOU go to CES !!
Old 01-07-2009, 09:12 PM   #14
kazbates
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post

heh, that'll teach you ! i hope he's going to take a lot of photos and tell you all about it, to make up... tell him, next time HE can babysit, and YOU go to CES !!
He took a camera - I'm hoping it was for the CES and not another form of Vegas amusement!

I would love to go and let him stay home except he's the one with the tech job and I'm the unemployed teacher and stay-at-home mom. Besides, I'm not sure he could handle the kids for more than a couple of hours - who knows what I would find when I got home. . .
Old 01-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
He took a camera - I'm hoping it was for the CES and not another form of Vegas amusement!
hey has he been to the astak booth yet ?

Quote:
I would love to go and let him stay home except he's the one with the tech job and I'm the unemployed teacher and stay-at-home mom. Besides, I'm not sure he could handle the kids for more than a couple of hours - who knows what I would find when I got home. . .
ah, so in fact you only have yourself to blame !

so what kind of tech job does he have, that he goes to CES ? (i want to know, so i can get the same job. )