Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-30-2012, 07:51 AM   #1
rschlack
rschlack began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader pocket edition
Kindle for iPad issue

I was wondering if anyone was having this issue with the kindle for iPad. The tap to turn feature is driving me crazy. Makes using this impossible. If my thumbs get anywhere near the edge of the screen the page turns and I lose my place. Sometimes the pages rapidly turn and I can't even get back to where I was without some effort.

I wrote amazon about this and they are sending my request to the dev team to add the feature to disable tap to turn which would leave you with swipe to turn which can't be done by mistake.
rschlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sounds more like a general "tablet control" issue. You need to learn to hold the iPad so that you don't inadvertently touch the screen while holding it. I don't say that as a criticism - it's a skill that needs to be learnt when you first use an iPad (or any other tablet, for that matter).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
ebook, ereader, ipad, kindle, touch