Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-12-2011, 12:11 PM   #1
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Kindle 4, Astak Pocket Pro
LBook Firmware Qusestons

Well I broke down and replaced my poor dead Pocket Pro with a used on from eBay. It's supposed to show up today. I don't know what version of the Astak firmware is on it yet but I'm thinking about trying the Lbook firmware on it. Is there any advantages to that? I was pretty happy with the way my old one handled epubs with coolreader other than having to add the .fb2 to the filename.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:21 AM   #2
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Well I personally prefer the LBook firmware. From your perspective instead of having to put .fb2 after your epub filename, LBook firmware supports a long press which gives you the option to open the epub in coolreader, and coolreader appears to run quicker when opening a book (first time) and changing font sizes etc.

That is pretty much the main reason I use the LBook firmware.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #3
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Well I went ahead and tried it. I do like it so far. I haven't tried the long press option yet as I am still working on reading the last couple of book in The Destroyer series that I had on my SD card that already had the .fb2 added.

The best thing is just having my reader back. I've been without it since June and it's so much easier to carry around than my netbook.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:44 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdf9511 View Post
Well I broke down and replaced my poor dead Pocket Pro with a used on from eBay. It's supposed to show up today. I don't know what version of the Astak firmware is on it yet but I'm thinking about trying the Lbook firmware on it. Is there any advantages to that? I was pretty happy with the way my old one handled epubs with coolreader other than having to add the .fb2 to the filename.
LBOOK has features (that Astak never had)
A long press of a library item #, brings up a Menu:
1) Open in Cool Reader (instead of ADE)
2) Move to the other storage (Main or SD). has No directory selection control
3) Delete the title.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
kdf9511
Madman With A Box

I finished the list of .fb2 named books I was reading last night and loaded some epubs with out the added extention. I like the option of being able to chose witch to open them with. Now if there was just a way to change the defalut to Cool Reader and use the long press option for ADE that would be about perfict.
Advert
Old 09-29-2011, 06:30 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
How much did you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking? I'm trying to figure out the price to sell mine for. I no longer need it due to Kindle now allowing library books.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:03 PM   #7
kdf9511
Madman With A Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
How much did you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking? I'm trying to figure out the price to sell mine for. I no longer need it due to Kindle now allowing library books.
I ended up paying $65.00 for it.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:19 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I ended up paying $65.00 for it.
Did it have any flaws like the known wrinkling\Peeling and did you get the box and accessories with it for that price?
Old 09-29-2011, 10:22 PM   #9
kdf9511
Madman With A Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Did it have any flaws like the known wrinkling\Peeling and did you get the box and accessories with it for that price?
It had the original box, USB cord, cover, manual and a 2gb SD card. The only things that were missing were the AC to USB power supply and the battery screwdriver. There is only slight wear along the right side of the screen on the housing. Hardly even noticable unless you look for it. It's in a lot better shape then the white one it replaced that had quite a bit of peeling around and on the buttons.

Here is the auction I won. http://www.ebay.com/itm/120770089939...84.m1439.l2649 There were two for sale at the same time when I got this one and the other went for $65 + Shipping.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:38 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
It had the original box, USB cord, cover, manual and a 2gb SD card. The only things that were missing were the AC to USB power supply and the battery screwdriver. There is only slight wear along the right side of the screen on the housing. Hardly even noticable unless you look for it. It's in a lot better shape then the white one it replaced that had quite a bit of peeling around and on the buttons.

Here is the auction I won. http://www.ebay.com/itm/120770089939...84.m1439.l2649 There were two for sale at the same time when I got this one and the other went for $65 + Shipping.
Thanks! You got a good deal! Mine has slight wrinkling on the right side of the screen too. I think that is a given with these readers because I never even touched that part. I always read with it in the cover. Other then that it looks good as new. I've place mine in the the flea market here. We will see if anyone wants it.