Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-17-2011, 12:50 AM   #1
irwan_su
irwan_su began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre Portable

Hello,

I just downloaded calibre portable and put it in my external harddisk with my ebooks collection, since I expect that I can reduce limited internal hardisk usage in my notebook, but when I tried to open it, calibre portable cannot read my ebook library. I use hp notebook with vista OS. Need help to solve this problem.

Regards,
irwan_su is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:30 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwan_su View Post
Hello,

I just downloaded calibre portable and put it in my external harddisk with my ebooks collection, since I expect that I can reduce limited internal hardisk usage in my notebook, but when I tried to open it, calibre portable cannot read my ebook library. I use hp notebook with vista OS. Need help to solve this problem.
Two questions.

Is this a calibre ebook library or a directory of books not yet added to calibre?
If it is an existing calibre library, did you move it to the Calibre Portable\Calibre Library\ folder?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
irwan_su

I have solve the problem by moving my ebook to calibre library, and I can access it when I use my laptop with Vista OS, but fail to access when I try to use it on another computer with Windows 7 OS. The following message:
"Phyton function terminated unexpectedly (5, 'CreateFile', 'Access is denied) (Error Code 1)"
I Keep my ebooks in WD Passport.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:18 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
This is again saying you don't have full access to the harddisk on that computer
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:54 AM   #5
irwan_su

Problem solved as per Mr Kovid advice. It was caused by read only settingon my HD.

Regards,
Advert