Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 11:03 AM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
HTC HD2 running Froyo

I just bought an HTC HD2 from one of the major USA carrriers. It was running Windows Os but I installed Froyo as second Os and OMG! ... what a difference!

Now I can use B&N and Kindle on same device, Skype, Weather Channel applet, Adobe PDF reader, any kind and tons of free Android Market apps. You can even find and install a free app to find and lock your phone via text msg or turn the volume on if you lost it at home and was on vibrate mode.

The cellphone is way much more responsive and faster and using the browser is a pleasure; it auto adjust size and font so you can read articles in a more comfortable way.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:23 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
I just bought an HTC HD2 from one of the major USA carrriers. It was running Windows Os but I installed Froyo as second Os and OMG! ... what a difference!

Now I can use B&N and Kindle on same device, Skype, Weather Channel applet, Adobe PDF reader, any kind and tons of free Android Market apps. You can even find and install a free app to find and lock your phone via text msg or turn the volume on if you lost it at home and was on vibrate mode.

The cellphone is way much more responsive and faster and using the browser is a pleasure; it auto adjust size and font so you can read articles in a more comfortable way.
I'm up for the challenge. What links to do this can you share? Would save me the Googling time.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I'm up for the challenge. What links to do this can you share? Would save me the Googling time.
Sure!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...70518&page=141

This one is for SuperRAM FroYo v1.5. , made by Darkstone.

I like this one a lot because the entire Android O/S filesystem is stored in RAM before it is booted, which result in a faster cellphone and faster switch from Windows mobile.

Try, at your won risk!

BTW, if used "as is", it should not break any warranty (confirmed with the sales representative) because by no means, you are modifying the existing operating system or cellphone ROM. The Os will reside on the internal SD card and being called from there into RAM. Easily to wipe out or remove via Windows mobile, just deleting the folder.

Last edited by jocampo; 12-20-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:50 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:

Try, at your won risk!
I wouldn't expect it to be any other way.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:51 PM   #5
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Well you're in luck just yesterday they've reported that gingerbread (android 2.3) has been ported to the H2.

Glad to hear you're rocking with the android OS now you know what all the hype is about.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2010, 12:54 PM   #6
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Well you're in luck just yesterday they've reported that gingerbread (android 2.3) has been ported to the H2.

Glad to hear you're rocking with the android OS now you know what all the hype is about.
Well, I knew about Linux way before all the Android fever ... all PCs at home run Linux, including my Ubuntu headless Web server. But yes! Android (with no restrictions or locks) it's a real pleasure! A shame they were selling this phone with Windows mobile, makes it look and feel crappy when it is not.

I wish I can use Netflix. Then my life would be complete! lol ...
Old 12-20-2010, 01:18 PM   #7
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Well, I knew about Linux way before all the Android fever ... all PCs at home run Linux, including my Ubuntu headless Web server. But yes! Android (with no restrictions or locks) it's a real pleasure! A shame they were selling this phone with Windows mobile, makes it look and feel crappy when it is not.
Yeah same here, I tried to keep my children on Windows so they would learn a main stream OS, but after countless viruses and having to re-install(restore) their PC every 3mo I gave up an threw Xubuntu on their system. Now it's been a couple years and I've not had the need to fix their PC anymore.

Quote:
I wish I can use Netflix. Then my life would be complete! lol ...
On Linux or Android. For linux I had to install VirtualBox and windows, but I ever since netflix came out for the console I've not used it anymore.

There are rumors that Netflix is working on an android solution, but it's not clear if their development is for setop boxes or an android app.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote