Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-10-2008, 01:16 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
http://www.bltcpress.com/store/

BLTC Press have Sony LRF formatted eBooks with NO DRM.

Looks like public domain eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #17
RSaunders
Groupie
RSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
Updated to reflect Baen native LRF support.
RSaunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2008, 06:29 AM   #18
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
RSaunders:

A wonderfully helpful list you've got here.

Could you please update MobileRead's LRF offerings to reflect the HUGE INCREASE of titles now available. (You have it at 200. I presume you meant 2000. Current number is 2,049.)

Thanks,
Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:31 PM   #19
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
From the Librie Yahoo group:
Quote:
We have recently started offering the Sony PDF and the LRF formats on
our website. Although these are adult books, there are many fantasy
and science fiction stories available. If we find the Sony format to
be popular, we will consider starting to put our backlist into Sony
format. Also, if a customer would like to buy a book, or some books,
all he or she needs to do is email, and we'll add the Sony format for
those books.

We will be opening a mainstream bookstore soon as well, which offers
both pdf and lrf for the Sony.

Tina

www.extasybooks.com

www.devinedestinies.com (opening soon)
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 05:08 PM   #20
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Public Library options?

With the 505 now handling Adobe DE books, would it make sense to also list public libraries with ebook collections as resources? There was a discussion of this on another thread or two.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2008, 12:00 PM   #21
RSaunders
Groupie
RSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it is

DrMoze raises an interesting question. It's been pretty easy to find all the places that have Sony native LRF support. It's been disappointing that more sites didn't support our Reader, but it's been pretty easy to list those that do.

AdobeDE on the 505 poses a different sort of problem. There are lots of sites with AdobeDE content that's directly loadable. The barrier to new sites is apparently pretty low. 505 owners, do you browse the offerings of an eBook site or do you Google for a site that has the book you're looking for?

For us 500 owners, it's a question of looking through a site's offerings to find books. I'm usually settling for an HTML book, which BookDesigner works wonders on. Googleing for a title finds a bunch of sites that have useless DRM eBooks that we can't read.

This sort of a flat list supports going from site to site to see what they have. In the new AdobeDE world, we might want a list organized by type of book, listing the sites that carry them. Perhaps we need a new thread about AdobeDE sources. If you figure out how to organize it, we can prevail on the folks in charge to make it sticky.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:25 PM   #22
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I really don't like Adobe DE content on my 505 so I have so far not looked for any except at libraries where it is free. If the content was displayed properly justified, I might have a different opinion. I'm sure there will soon come a day, though, when I'm dying to read something that's not available in Sony's BBeb format and will scramble to see if it's available for Adobe DE. I'll probably just google it then.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #23
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I really don't like Adobe DE content on my 505 so I have so far not looked for any except at libraries where it is free. If the content was displayed properly justified, I might have a different opinion. I'm sure there will soon come a day, though, when I'm dying to read something that's not available in Sony's BBeb format and will scramble to see if it's available for Adobe DE. I'll probably just google it then.
Same here. I bought 1 book in Adode DE on the Books on Board site when I first did the upgrade and hated it. Now I'm back to buying Microsoft Lit books and converting. I do check out Abode DE library books, but since it's free, I can live with the lack of formatting. No way will I voluntarily buy an Adode DE book if it's offered in other format that I'm able to convert. I will only buy that format if I have no choice.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:59 AM   #24
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
The entry about Feedbooks also need an upgrade: we've been supporting ePub for months now.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:42 PM   #25
daesdaemar
Addict
daesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 3, iPad 3
www.wowio.com lets you read online for free, but now charges for downloading them.
daesdaemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:48 PM   #26
svakanda
Enthusiast
svakanda began at the beginning.

Device: none
wowio is a good one, i use them!
svakanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:27 PM   #27
motoroboto
motoroboto began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
What about Borders?I know they sell the sony reader. Are they selling books in the right format?
motoroboto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:24 PM   #28
RSaunders
Groupie

Fictionwise acquired by Barnes & Noble for $15.7 million in cash

I don't know any Borders ebook business. But then I didn't know any Barnes & Noble ebook business until today.

Details in the trade press:
http://www.teleread.org/2009/03/05/f...-barnes-noble/
Old 04-28-2009, 01:55 AM   #29
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
I looked at the Borders ebook website, and it had a link to an ebook library, but when I downloaded it, it was the sony ereader library.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:01 AM   #30
karen.sibley
karen.sibley began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
Sources for books

Being based in UK. I am looking for sites with sterling priced books, I am able to purchase in dollars I know, but still would like to access sterling based sites. Waterstone seems to be one of the few.
karen.sibley is offline   Reply With Quote