Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-04-2014, 12:20 PM   #1
spxlennox261167
spxlennox261167 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thumbs up Epub creation - new member

Hello Everyone,
May I say that creating my 1st kindle novel on Smashwords was extemely difficult to get through their meatgrinder verification software.
I used Atlantis(free) to create the epub but it 'buggered up' the contents ncx.
I then used Sigil(again free) which worked the the book cover failed on 'preserve aspect ratio' when added to my manuscript.

In the end I used on-line file converter to get the book though to the premium service.
[Inappropriate promotion deleted - MODERATOR] getting it in epub form proved to take nearly a month in a professional format!!!!
It was mod annoying!

John Thompson

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-04-2014 at 05:01 PM.
spxlennox261167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:53 PM   #2
JohnLBrown
Banned
JohnLBrown began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello
JohnLBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:33 PM   #3
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:34 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi John and welcome to MobileRead.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
create, ebook, epub, meatgrinder