Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-22-2013, 05:33 AM   #1
chrispieris
chrispieris began at the beginning.

Device: samsung note 10.1
what am I doing wrong with edit metadata. pls HELP needed

hi there,

I just got started to use Calibre. Brilliant software. Here's where I am stuck.
Cleaned up all the metadata and tried to export to Samsung Note 10.1, reading off FB reader.

1. Via a mac, Calibre can't recognise my Samsung device. Fortunately still can transfer via sdmicro card.
2. The various 'safe to disk' methods does not embed new cover nor book description into the original epub file. Seems only the 'tags' works.
3. To view the changed details, FB reader needs to opf file ... but that wouldn't launch the books.

I already seems days trying to figure this out myself (admittedly, not extremely computer savvy).

Kindly help.
chrispieris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:46 AM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
You'll probably get faster (and more detailed) response from the calibre sub-forum...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:09 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Moved.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
chrispieris

noted thanks
Old 07-23-2013, 10:06 PM   #5
chrispieris

Calibre cannot recognise my Samsung 10.1

80% solved, using Calibre Companion. Now need to figure why Calibre cannot recognise my Samsung 10.1 Note when it is connected directly via usb.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:53 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Moving to Devices

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispieris View Post
80% solved, using Calibre Companion. Now need to figure why Calibre cannot recognise my Samsung 10.1 Note when it is connected directly via usb.
You left out a lot of useful needed information.
What OS,
The requested (USB Device) Debug info (see stickies above) if the OS detects the Note
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:03 AM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I thought that most current Android devices operated in MTP mode, and that Mac support for MTP was non existent.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mac+mtp+site%3Amobileread.com

Last edited by PeterT; 07-24-2013 at 12:06 AM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:43 AM   #8
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Because your Samsung is an MTP device, not a Mass Storage one, and Calibre doesn't support MTP on MacOS.
mbovenka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:49 AM   #9
chrispieris

Sorry chaps, just got back from an office retreat (no electronic devices allowed).
Yes I'm trying to connect the samsung note to my Calibre on my mac OS 10.6. Syncing via wireless is extremely slow.
I'm, as said, limited in computer knowledge, esp Linux ...

thank you for all your advice.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Yes I'm trying to connect the samsung note to my Calibre on my mac OS 10.6. Syncing via wireless is extremely slow.
Syncing via wireless is virtually as fast a via MTP. But only the initial sync of transferring the books is slow. After the books are transferred subsequent syncing of the metadata is quick. I have 2112 books on my device and the initial connect takes about 90 seconds.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:51 PM   #11
chrispieris

Thank guys,

Info is very helpful.