Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-20-2009, 12:40 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Final Round 3: Calling Sony Style re: PRS-500 Firmware upgrade

Sweet, sweet success!
I made a ~30 minute phone call about 45.5 hours after the last phone call (I doubted whether I would receive a phone call within 48 hours for some reason).
Sony were great (couldn't quite make out the name of the person who spoke to me..) - he gave me a work order number and instructions on where to send my Reader in the US (Laredo, Texas, near the Mexico border) - all I need to do is pay the shipping there from Australia!
Thanks Sony!
Now all I need to do is find the moral fortitude to entrust my Reader to the postman..
Let this be a lesson to all the naysayers out there who said people outside the US can't get their firmware updated by Sony USA!
On to Round 4

Last edited by AprilHare; 11-24-2009 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Moar (unfortunately)
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:50 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
So they will even pay for shipping back?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2009, 07:51 AM   #3
ould
Zealot
ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
So you only have to pay the shipping to the US? Sony will cover it coming back? I may be interested in that method, I want to update my reader but I am in Canada and shipping wouldn't be too bad from here to the US, a few bucks at most. What number did you call? any other important details?

Thanks,

Kevin
ould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:17 PM   #4
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
So they will even pay for shipping back?
Yes, that is what they indicated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ould View Post
So you only have to pay the shipping to the US? Sony will cover it coming back? I may be interested in that method, I want to update my reader but I am in Canada and shipping wouldn't be too bad from here to the US, a few bucks at most. What number did you call? any other important details?
Apologies, forgot to give you number: 866-962-7669
You will be on the phone with them a fair amount, be prepared.
Also, be sure to offer to pay shipping.

Last edited by AprilHare; 11-23-2009 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Moar
Old 11-20-2009, 08:37 PM   #5
AprilHare
Wizard

I've sent it off now..
Advert
Old 11-21-2009, 02:02 PM   #6
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Good luck! I'm sure it will all be taken care of safely. Just hope the "away period" isn't too long. Got any p-books to tide you over?
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:27 PM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Congrats April, you did it!!!

Hopefully, it won't be gone too long. (You may have to carry a book around with you to help with the withdrawl symptoms.)
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:32 AM   #8
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
Good luck! I'm sure it will all be taken care of safely. Just hope the "away period" isn't too long. Got any p-books to tide you over?
There are a few here Haven't read Atlas Shrugged yet... and there is that stack of unread new books I've been collecting..
Don't worry, the withdrawal symptoms will wear off sooner or later
Old 11-22-2009, 06:54 AM   #9
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Congrats April, you did it!!!

Hopefully, it won't be gone too long. (You may have to carry a book around with you to help with the withdrawl symptoms.)
Thanks dreams
It had better not be too long - I've hoping it'll be back by December 22, so hopefully it'll come by then.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:14 AM   #10
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Wonderful!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:02 PM   #11
AprilHare
Wizard

My Reader is back now!