Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-19-2010, 12:08 AM   #1
AbidingDude
AbidingDude began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Anyone interested in an ebook sharing app?

I have an idea of making an (open-source) ebook sharing app on the nook to make it easier for people to get to know each other and can trade e-books on a person to person manner, for example the books that have 'lend me' features or free classics or anything that is not covered by DRM and isn't illegal to share.

But to do it I think we'll have to have an initial momentum which I'm unsure we do actually have, so just before I begin on the project, I would like to hear what do you think about the idea.

It wouldn't take very long for me to implement the idea, but I just want to see if many of you have a soft-rooted nook, or are willing to try...
AbidingDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:20 AM   #2
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbidingDude View Post
I have an idea of making an (open-source) ebook sharing app on the nook to make it easier for people to get to know each other and can trade e-books on a person to person manner, for example the books that have 'lend me' features or free classics or anything that is not covered by DRM and isn't illegal to share.

But to do it I think we'll have to have an initial momentum which I'm unsure we do actually have, so just before I begin on the project, I would like to hear what do you think about the idea.

It wouldn't take very long for me to implement the idea, but I just want to see if many of you have a soft-rooted nook, or are willing to try...
I'd be interested. It sounds like a good idea. Are you able to build it so that it integrates into the existing stock UI?
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert