Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-12-2009, 05:38 PM   #1
Bluesman
Bluesman began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Sony Reader Digital Book (PRS-505/SC) for $150 when you get and use the Sony Card

This is pretty good Sony Card offer for a PRS-505 so I thought I'd share it here. Get a new Sony Card and you qualify to get the Sony Reader Digital Book (PRS-505/SC) for $150. It's MSRP is $299. That's $149 off of list price or a 50% savings.

You will have to purchase it on the Sony Rewards site and use your new Sony Card. Once you get approved for the card you will have to go back to the offer page (link below) to get the $150 deal on Sony Rewards by clicking on the Redeem Now button. Once you place the order, you will get $150 instant credit if you buy it with your Sony Card. The link below is the offer page where you can sign up for the card and purchase the Reader.

Click here for the offer page.

The cheapest I was able to find it on other sites is $269 so this is a pretty good deal.

Good luck
Bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:17 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I took advantage of a similar offer when I purchased my 505, great deal
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2009, 04:05 PM   #3
Harry001
Addict
Harry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enough

Device: palmone lifedrive+sonyreader 505+NookColor+HPTouchpad \32GB+NookSimple
great dal for someone who has no reader and needs a good one.
Harry001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:00 PM   #4
demoric
Kindle 2 User
demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
Bait, and switch for me.
Quote:
Thanks for Applying!

We are currently reviewing your application. You will be notified in writing about the status of your application within 30 days.
I know my credit is good. I'll just wait and see if I can still redeem the offer when I get my information in the mail. I have my doubts, but I'll probably use it for my playstation network charges.

Still though it may work for someone else. Thanks for mentioning the offer.
demoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
Sooooooo cool! Thanks for the info - I can't wait to order one for my BB Curve!

Cheers!
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2009, 09:02 AM   #6
Bluesman
Bluesman began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Wild View Post

Cheers!
No prob... enjoy.
Bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:26 AM   #7
Dahak
Zealot
Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS-505(LC) & Rocket eBook
I've seen this offer and I find its phrasing (at least on the landing graphic) to be a mite vague...

You can get 'up to $150 in card credits'? What does that mean? Does it mean there are tiered credits, higher value requiring more purchases? Is the credit a direct credit against the cost of the reader, or only against future book purchases?
Dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:52 PM   #8
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Wild View Post

Cheers!
Crap!! I posted this in the wrong thread. *I am an idiot, I am an idiot, I am an idiot!!!*
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:37 AM   #9
estral
Just trying to survive
estral doesn't litterestral doesn't litterestral doesn't litter

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
Does not Work!

This sounded like a great offer, I wanted to get an additional reader for my wife to use on her business trips. What a mess, it did not work, and phone support was worse.

Here is what happened:

Applied for the card, got instant approval.

BUT

Card takes several days to get into the databases required to redeem the offer. My card approval says "Be sure to use your card TODAY and qualify for this special promotion" (their uppercase letters not mine).

Since my card is not in their database, I got the error several times, I cannot redeem the offer today. Phone support was not helpful, they said that it takes several days to get a new card into their database.

I wonder if they can manage a one car funeral?
estral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:22 PM   #10
TS-Rick
TS-Rick began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen3, iPhone, PRS-505 (Blue)
I got a temporary number that was valid immediately.
TS-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:18 AM   #11
Zero9
Zealot
Zero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by estral View Post
...Card takes several days to get into the databases required to redeem the offer. My card approval says "Be sure to use your card TODAY and qualify for this special promotion" (their uppercase letters not mine). Since my card is not in their database, I got the error several times, I cannot redeem the offer today. Phone support was not helpful, they said that it takes several days to get a new card into their database...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS-Rick View Post
I got a temporary number that was valid immediately.
TS-Rick, have you seen anything of the $150 credit yet?

The database error estral refers too comes from registering for the Sony Rewards site using your new card info. TS-Rick points out what Willie Aames (on this duplicate thread I stupidly created) also confirms: the card number they give you once you're instantly approved works for buying something from the rewards site. The question is, does that get you the credit, or do you need to wait and register with your card like this 2007 deal for the PRS-500 made you do.
Zero9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:32 AM   #12
Zero9
Zealot
Zero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enough

I talked to a Sony Rewards rep who wouldn't tell me anything with 100% certainty, but said that USUALLY you need to wait for your card to arrive and activate it and then use that card number to register for the Sony Rewards site. She also said that USUALLY you'll have 45 days from the day you were approved for the card to make your purchase and receive the credits. That means it should still work for you, estral, once your physical card arrives (if it hasn't already), but there's no guarantee. Yuck.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:43 AM   #13
Zero9
Zealot

Arg, the screen that pops up before you apply for the car says to make your one-time qualifying purchase before the physical card arrives. Still, it SHOULD work between the 24/48 hours it takes for the information to get to the Sony Rewards database and however long it takes for the cards to arrive in the mail, right? Clear as mud.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:21 PM   #14
Zero9
Zealot

Ok, I looked closer at the window for the deal and found the hotlink that pops up the right information. Sorry for being so dense, but since I asked the questions I'll post the details here.
  • You must be approved for the card by 06/30/2009.
  • Your account must be opened by 07/30/2009 (do they mean your Sony Rewards account here?)
  • Purchasing the PRS-505 qualifies you for a $50 statement credit and a refund of the $2 shipping and handling fee
  • You then also get a $100 statement credit from Chase (hopefully Chase doesn't have any weird requirements for this, like not already having any other Chase cards)
  • The purchase must be made by 09/14/09
  • Card credits will be applied to your account 8-12 weeks after the purcahse (NOT instantly)
  • An email will supposedly be sent to qualified Sony Card memebers with complete instructions for completing the purchase (estral, did you ever get an email?)

Also, to get the extra $200 in credits on top of the $145, you must spend $1,500 on the card by the 3-month anniversary of your being a card holder for your 1st $100, and then you must spend another $1,500 by the 6-month anniversary to get the other $100.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #15
honkymagoo
honkymagoo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 *Blue*
I signed up for this deal last Thursday and received my reader today.

I still haven't received my card, but I signed up for the online account management via Chase through the Rewards website.

I see I have the 299.xx charge, and the 100 credit. I hadn't read the above post yet, and assumed I would get a $150 credit all at once. I talked to one of the Sony Card/Chase Bank reps, who said to email them via their secure customer service email service and I would receive a response in 4 hours.

I cut an pasted the offer link, because the guy I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about.

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/gatewa...nk=snreader300

I'll post my results when I find out.

Maybe they'll fix it, but has anyone gotten the other $50 yet? How is that supposed to work, since I got the $100 pretty quick?

Thanks
honkymagoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prs-505, sony