Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 10:28 PM   #1
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
K2 is prejudiced against "Pride and Prejudice"

I am in the middle of reading "Pride and Prejudice" (I am rediscovering a lot of stuff I haven't read since I was a kid:-) So I loaded it on my new K2.

But it doesn't acknowledge any of the TOC or other links. Instead, it wants to highlight them.

Also, it doesn't respond to the 5-way stick to skip through chapters.

I tried the version I downloaded from here. I also tried the version from Feedbooks. Same result:-(

It's the only title I've found which does this. Not a big deal, but now it bugs me and I want to know why it does this.

Any ideas?
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:05 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Mail me your Kindle and I'll check it out.

Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 11:12 PM   #3
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
The 5-way stick thing, need files designed for it. I need to find out how it works exactly, and if I can support it, I'll add it on every file generated on Feedbooks.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:18 PM   #4
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Which version of P&P from here are you looking at?

Jim

I ask, because Harry T's version and mine are a little different when it comes to the text editing: he's included more instructions than I did. I would be interesting to know if they're giving the same results you're describing or not. If they're different, it would help pinpoint the problem, perhaps.

Last edited by Strether; 02-26-2009 at 11:35 PM.
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:04 AM   #5
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
I tried HarryT's since it was more recent and I assumed (perhaps wrongly,) more updated, from formatting standpoint.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2009, 09:38 PM   #6
JBradHicks
JBradHicks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
According to Amazon's "Digital Text Platform" website, it's a custom HTML tag: <mbp:section>
JBradHicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:44 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
The 5-way stick thing, need files designed for it. I need to find out how it works exactly, and if I can support it, I'll add it on every file generated on Feedbooks.
But how will this joystick support affect Mobipocket eBook on other devices?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:28 PM   #8
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't know about other devices but the 5 way controller has me re-subscribing to newspapers again.

I highly recommend implementing support for it.

Has anyone noticed if Amazon has documented how to add non-vocalized effects to the text-to-speech via embedded tags???
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:00 PM   #9
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
I just downloaded HarryT's version of P&P and the TOC is working correctly. As the OP mentioned, though, I don't have the dots in the location bar (representing chapters) and I can't get to the next chapter with clicking to the right.
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:29 PM   #10
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Not at all if standard MobiPocket format is used. If for example "section" is used to get the functionality on the Kindle then Feedbook can easily add this. It will be much harder to add it to all MobiPocket books onn MobileRead which shows the disadvantage of doing manual work to produce a terminal format.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:17 AM   #11
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
I believe that they use "tours" in the OPF to support this. I'll do a demo file next week, if anyone would like to test this for me, PM me.

As soon as I have something that works, I'll update all of the Mobipocket files on Feedbooks.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #12
twister
Enthusiast
twister began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 and 2
Any updates on this? I would really like to have the 5-way navigation work on books downloaded from Feadbooks.
twister is offline   Reply With Quote