Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-17-2008, 05:14 AM   #1
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Has anyone ported ltrace to the iLiad?

The title says it all

I know the code is easy to get, but it has a bunch of dependencies, including elf library support stuff that are not currently on the iLiad, so before I go through the process of trying to get them compiled I was wondering if anyone had already done it (to confirm it will work) and would be willing to make it available...

LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:48 AM   #2
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
The title says it all
I only had compiled strace. I wasn't aware of the existance of ltrace (seems a nice complement to strace :-b).

And it only seems to depend on libelfg0, so it will be easy to port (see: http://packages.debian.org/lenny/ltrace )

(a while later)
I've undusted my iliad development and compiled it, with the only dependecy statically linked for convenience.

You can grab it here:

http://projects.mobileread.com/iliad...5_iliad.tar.gz

P.S.: I've also updated the dl-and-install.sh script of my toolchain, as it didn't work anymore. More info here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...924#post216924

P.S.2: What I did for this is (for future reference ;-) ), in the scratchbox environment:
$ ./dl-and-install.sh libelf.so.0
$ ./dl-and-install.sh usr/bin/ltrace
$ cd ltrace-0.5/
$ ./configure
$ make
$ rm ltrace
$ gcc sysdeps/sysdep.o ltrace.o options.o elf.o output.o read_config_file.o execute_program.o wait_for_something.o process_event.o display_args.o breakpoints.o proc.o demangle.o dict.o debug.o summary.o ../libelf-0.8.10.orig/lib/libelf.a -lsupc++ -liberty -o ltrace
$ tar -cvzf ltrace-0.5_iliad.tar.gz ltrace

P.S.3: I've not tested it on the iliad, so I don't know if it works...

Last edited by Antartica; 07-18-2008 at 06:52 AM.
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2008, 01:04 PM   #3
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Many thanks for this.

I've grabbed your binary, but it seems to have the same problem I'd run into last night when I made a quick try to build it (though that wasn't in the sandbox). On in the iLiad, it seems to get stuck in an infinite loop calling __libc_start_main. I had suspected that this was something to do with either the libelf not allowing it to patch up the call/return stack correctly once it has traced the call, or the cross compilation not going right -- ltrace doesn't really cross compile (I'd had to hack a few files). Given you've done it is the simulator, its not a cross compile problem -- I probably now need to start understanding the code .

But not, I think, tonight -- I'll add an update if I make progress (though if someone has it working, let me know -- it is possible I've managed to break something else on the iLiad....)
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:02 PM   #4
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Many thanks for this.
You're welcome

Quote:
ltrace doesn't really cross compile (I'd had to hack a few files). Given you've done it is the simulator, its not a cross compile problem -- I probably now need to start understanding the code .
The part you're talking about is the one in the sysdeps directory. The README there explains that those are the architecture-specific functions that do the hard work.

While compiling it I feared that configure detected that I was using a 2.6 kernel and compled the worng parts, but after looking around, I didn't saw any hints for different code in 2.4 and in 2.6. BUT when I tried ltrace in scratchbox, I get a lot of lines such as:

qemu: Unsupported syscall: 26

So, may be it's kernel dependant. Anyway, I've compiled an older version (0.3.36, the one that came with debian sarge, as sarge used a 2.4.x kernel), if you can try if it works... ;-).

http://projects.mobileread.com/iliad...6_iliad.tar.gz

P.S.: ltrace 0.3.36 generates the same unsupported syscall as ltrace 0.5, so my hopes are not very high...
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote