Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-08-2008, 04:29 PM   #1
orchidpop
orchidpop doesn't litterorchidpop doesn't litter

Device: FBReader
Greetings and offering to help on the wiki rewrite

Hi. I'm new to this forum and e-books in general. I have participated quite a bit as a proofreader on the Distributed Proofreaders site.

Have been holding off on e-books for the products to mature, but it seems like there is not going to be a good time. Any recommendations are highly appreciated! I prefer streamlined device ergonomics and one that read or can convert the most prevalent e-texts, particularly for 20th and 21st century fiction and biographies and technical texts (am currently disabled from being bipolar, but was a software developer for over 18 years).

In addition to this, I have been a technical book reviewer for a decade and have written quite a bit. As such, I'd love to help on the wiki rewrite. Didn't really see who to contact to get into that process.

Very excited to be a part of this community!
orchidpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:42 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Welcome to the forum, orchidpop.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2008, 05:46 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
What Wiki re-write? Did I miss something?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:01 PM   #4
orchidpop

pilotbob, Maybe I misunderstood. If you go to the main wiki site, there is a section entitled Restructure that seemed to lay out a project plan and such.

And Patricia, thanks for the welcome!
Old 05-08-2008, 06:06 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by orchidpop View Post
pilotbob, Maybe I misunderstood. If you go to the main wiki site, there is a section entitled Restructure that seemed to lay out a project plan and such.

And Patricia, thanks for the welcome!
First, I'm sorry, let me say welcome also. This is a great place to visit.

Ah... when you said "re-write" I was thinking as a programmer... but it seem from that page that they are talking about content and layout. I'm sure they/we would appreciate any help you can give.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2008, 06:50 PM   #6
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello orchidpop
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:19 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi orchidpop and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:14 PM   #8
orchidpop

Thanks all for the very kind welcome! And pilotbob, hopefully the right folks will see this to let me know how to volunteer.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:12 AM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome, orchidpop!

You don't need any special permission to edit the wiki, though we would prefer if you set up a log in for it, so we can keep who did what straight.

If you want someone to coordinate with, DaleDe is our resident wiki-wizard.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:46 PM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by orchidpop View Post
Thanks all for the very kind welcome! And pilotbob, hopefully the right folks will see this to let me know how to volunteer.
I haven't seen much lately on the restructure, which is some software, but the data is always need of additional help. Anyone can work on the wiki. Please just set up an account on the wiki. Usually folks use the same handle as the forum and jump in wherever your expertise lies. The talk pages can be used for communication if needed or a forum topic can be set up to discuss anything were you are not sure how to proceed.

Welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing your stuff over on the wiki. I have been out of town a couple of days so maybe you have already started.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:12 PM   #11
orchidpop

Hi Dale. I'll try to absorb the project plan of the restructure, and get to re-editing. I had feared that was too renegade, and there was a clear project team marching forward.

In the brief review I did of it, the layout and content of the various reader devices vary quite a bit in layout and concept, and there were some that must have been advertiser copy based on the emotional words used.

Thanks again to everyone for the kind welcome! Hope to be an asset of this community.