Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-21-2012, 12:27 AM   #46
Serena
Zealot
Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Holy cow, I was about to throw this thing across the room... you mean the button on the actual pen! How is anyone supposed to figure that out on their own???

Samsung, documentation PLEASE!

Edit: You can do the screenshot trick on ANYTHING! I just cut a picture out of a Google magazine... This will be really handy for that article I want to save, recipe, etc...

Last edited by Serena; 08-21-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:00 AM   #47
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, iPadPro, Galaxy Note 5, 8 (tab) & Galaxy Tab S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena View Post
Holy cow, I was about to throw this thing across the room... you mean the button on the actual pen! How is anyone supposed to figure that out on their own???

Samsung, documentation PLEASE!

Edit: You can do the screenshot trick on ANYTHING! I just cut a picture out of a Google magazine... This will be really handy for that article I want to save, recipe, etc...
LOL. I know I've been frustrated since I bought it. But finally, I got it! They have a guide on the playstore. I missed it in the guild because I looked up the multiscreen functions, but its actually under the S-pen functions go figure..

Glad it worked for you!

Last edited by Synergi; 08-21-2012 at 01:03 AM.
Synergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2012, 09:47 AM   #48
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
As a teacher, who loves gadgets and is a serious note taker, I have longed for a tablet that would allow me to play as well as work and this sounds like it may be what I'm searching for! I was so excited to see you guys figuring things out! I can't wait to join you!!
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #49
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

eSheri, go for it. I like to snip pictures, edit PDF files and take notes.
I am finding s-note allows folders for notes, five levels deep, so great for organization.

It it's a bit of a learning curve, I mean it took me 4 days to use the pen for screen shots. Who would have thought to use the pen? Then Samsung put the guide on the Playstore without mentioning it in the included docs. I found it doing a search for s pen Apps.

Despite all this I'm starting to enjoy it now that I've solve the screen/image capture issue.

Last edited by Synergi; 08-21-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:50 AM   #50
Serena
Zealot
Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New update: I figured out how to use the pen presets. First, you have to delete the ones they have pre-programmed -- just hit the little minus sign button. Then when you have your pen set up how you want, tap the plus sign. Now I can easily switch from black ink to red ink, or my yellow highlighter. Looks like you can only have five presets.

Actually, you can have more presets, you just have to scroll down.

Last edited by Serena; 08-22-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Advert
Old 08-22-2012, 04:29 PM   #51
Synergi
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena View Post
New update: I figured out how to use the pen presets. First, you have to delete the ones they have pre-programmed -- just hit the little minus sign button. Then when you have your pen set up how you want, tap the plus sign. Now I can easily switch from black ink to red ink, or my yellow highlighter. Looks like you can only have five presets.

Actually, you can have more presets, you just have to scroll down.
LOL, there are presets? I didn't know that, still learning.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:58 PM   #52
Serena
Zealot

One more update: this handwriting recognition keyboard thing is FABULOUS! Also, you can remove the annoying screen capture button from the soft keys. Great idea, since it's pretty worthless on this tablet. So much easier to do with the pen once you figure it out!

Settings → display → quick launch gets you to where you can change the soft keys.

And I haven't the foggiest idea how to put in arrows with the regular keyboard, but with this you just draw them!
Old 08-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #53
Synergi
Addict

Nice tip. I agree the screen shot button is annoying. I've clicked it by accident several times.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #54
megthered
Connoisseur
megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Note 8.0, Nook HD
Thanks so much for your insight guys. I am deciding on a tablet and the Gnote was on my list. I just needed to read some hands on with it. I can't wait to get mine.
megthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:21 PM   #55
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
I'm so pleased with my Galaxy Note (5,3" - 1280x800 phablet) as reader & fast note taking device, that I cannot be indifferent to the 10.1

The stylus works great since Jelly Bean.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:43 AM   #56
Synergi
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by megthered View Post
Thanks so much for your insight guys. I am deciding on a tablet and the Gnote was on my list. I just needed to read some hands on with it. I can't wait to get mine.
Great! Your going to love it. I downloaded Papyrus, great note taking App. I use it and S-Note depending upon what I'm doing.

I just ordered the first gen Galaxy note phone. I would have liked the new one but off contract is way more then I want to pay for a phone.. I hope I like it as much as I do the tablet. Can't wait to get it..
Old 09-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #57
megthered
Connoisseur
megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Note 8.0, Nook HD
Got my Galaxy Note 10.1 and I love it! You're right, it needs more documentation, but I went on the 'net and watched videos, used your great suggestions and also downloaded the manual on the Play store. I have been doing family genealogy for years and this will eliminate so much paper. Research trips will be great. I had been looking for a pen tablet and this is the perfect size for my needs. I'll be learning about this all weekend.
megthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:17 AM   #58
Synergi
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by megthered View Post
Got my Galaxy Note 10.1 and I love it! You're right, it needs more documentation, but I went on the 'net and watched videos, used your great suggestions and also downloaded the manual on the Play store. I have been doing family genealogy for years and this will eliminate so much paper. Research trips will be great. I had been looking for a pen tablet and this is the perfect size for my needs. I'll be learning about this all weekend.
Glad your liking it. I ended up picking up the first gen baby note (phone) I liked it so much.