Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-12-2010, 01:59 PM   #1
UntreedReads
Addict
UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
First Time Ever In Ebook Format! WHILE I DISAPPEAR By Edward Wright

About While I Disappear:

One rain-soaked evening, John Ray Horn runs into an old flame.

Rose Galen played the female lead in his second movie. Young, beautiful and improbably talented for her B-movie surroundings, she had a shining quality to her. Now, years later, Rose is a shattered creature, drink-sodden and heavy with sadness. Something happened to her years ago, before Horn first knew her, something so terrible that it would eventually leave her broken. Hoping to uncover her long-held secret, Horn goes to visit Rose at her shabby rooming house and finds her strangled to death.

Aware of a debt to her that he never fully acknowledged, he sets out to find her killer, aided by Joseph Mad Crow, Horn’s onetime Indian co-star who is now his employer. To unmask Rose’s killer, Horn must first determine what happened to her so long ago.

His search takes him back into the Hollywood of the 1920s-the era of the silent film-and a wild party attended by both movie celebrities and racketeers. He soon encounters figures from Rose’s past–the lawyer with a bootlegging background and a lethal bodyguard; the lusty, larger-than-life actress with a capacity for settling scores and the ex-Shakespearean actor with a faded career and a crumbling mansion. Before long, Horn discovers a terrible act that left a young woman dead and several people guarding a secret that would only begin to unravel after Rose Galen took her last tortured breath.

While I Disappear is the winner of the 2004 Shamus Award and the 2004 Southern California Booksellers Association Award. It is the sequel to Clea’s Moon, also published electronically by Untreed Reads.

About Author Edward Wright:

Edward Wright grew up in Arkansas and went to school in Tennessee and Illinois. He has been an officer in the U.S. Navy and an editor at the Chicago Tribune and Los Angeles Times. His noir-flavored mysteries featuring John Ray Horn, set in Los Angeles during the 1940s, have won the Shamus Award in the U.S. and the Debut Dagger and Ellis Peters Historical Crime Award in the U.K. His first non-series book, Damnation Falls, a contemporary mystery-thriller set in small-town Tennessee, won the Barry Award. He and his wife, Cathy, live in the Los Angeles area.

How to Purchase While I Disappear:

While I Disappear is $5.99 and is available in PDF, EPUB, PDB and Kindle formats from The Untreed Reads Store where you can also read the first chapter. Through October 31st, both While I Disappear and the first book in the series, Clea’s Moon, are 25% off at The Untreed Reads Store, CoffeeTimeRomance.com and OmniLit.com. It is also available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble and many of the other great retailers listed on the right side of our site.

Not seeing it at your favorite retailer on our list? It will be there shortly! It sometimes may take our distributors a week or two from release to post the title.

Be sure to check out our complete catalog of titles by visiting the new OUR TITLES tab at the top of our homepage, or use our new easy-to-search features in the updated Untreed Reads Store.

All Untreed Reads titles are available for every platform and device, including the iPad, nook and Kindle. All titles are compatible with all reading applications. Title selection at individual retailers may vary depending on what they choose to carry.
UntreedReads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:23 PM   #2
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
WARNING

The Untreed site claims you can use either Paypal or a credit card, but PayPal seems to be hardcoded into the checkout process.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:30 PM   #3
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nevermind!

Apparently you CAN use a credit card, but the designer seems to think it was a brilliant idea to make it LOOK like you could only use PayPal for your purchase for 3 screens without any explanation. I wonder how many sales Untreed has lost because of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
The Untreed site claims you can use either Paypal or a credit card, but PayPal seems to be hardcoded into the checkout process.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:37 PM   #4
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz

UNTREED seems to want to turn the purchasing process into a puzzle.

I've bought two books and NOWHERE is there any HINT of how to download the damn books!

Quote:
Old 10-13-2010, 10:23 PM   #5
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Glen, their "How To Order" page says:
Quote:
How to order and download your ebook file.

When placing your order, select the file format you perfer. We offer pdf, epub and pdb (Palm Reader).
Click the Add to Cart button.
Proceed through checking paying via PayPal with your PayPal account or credit card.
Click the 'return to 'Untreed Reed Store' after completing payment.*
The receipt page will have instructions and a download link to download your file.
Did you see a download link on the receipt page? Did you see a receipt page?

They also say:

Quote:
*You can also access your order history and files by logging into your account at our website. Click 'Log In' and then 'My Account'. Your previous orders will be displayed. Click 'view' to access your ebook files.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:24 PM   #6
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
Glen, their "How To Order" page says:

Did you see a download link on the receipt page? Did you see a receipt page?

They also say:
NOPE! I read that as well, but at no time were any instructions displayed nor was there anything on the reciept page about a download or on the reciept that was emailed to me. Though the recipts just listed "EPUB" as a title of the books. I have never seen that in any other ebook purchase. The other vendors ALWAYS list the names of the books you buy.

Oddly, when I went to my account, my order history was empty, yet I got confirmation that they were going to charge my account!

I've sent an email to them, I doubt that there was any Malfeasance involved, just poor infrastructure.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:44 PM   #7
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
I doubt that there was any Malfeasance involved, just poor infrastructure.
Most likely. I hope you hear back from them soon and get those ebooks you paid for!
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:38 AM   #8
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz

WOW! Great follow-up by Jay Hartman

I got a personal email from Jay (The publishing house editor) asking which books I bought so he can email them to me.

I sent my email around 9:30 PM US Eastern Time and he sent his email around 12:30 AM. Far better service than I expected (and have received from other small publishers). This vendor might be a 'keeper'. I'll let you know when the books arrive.

I've been cranky lately from dealing with some eBook vendors, and I assumed I was in for another boatload of BS. I owe Mr. Hartman an apology!

Although I'm holding that apology hostage. When I get the books, he gets the apology! (that's a joke for the humor impaired)

Last edited by GlenBarrington; 10-14-2010 at 07:40 AM. Reason: I always spell appology wrong. It SHOULD have 2 'p's
Old 10-14-2010, 05:47 PM   #9
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz

Got My Books! Many Thanks to Jay Hartman for the fast fix! And my apologies to all for my curmudgeonly behavor over the last 24 hours!

Tags
mystery, noir, suspense