Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-10-2010, 05:09 AM   #1
nakita002
nakita002 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Nook for international users?

Hi all,

I am based in Europe and although I am familiar with the restrictions for International users for the Nook it is still my preferred ebook reader.
I am nearly decided on shipping it with Bundle Box - anyone know of another trustworthy company doing shipping forwarding from the US with good prices?

What is worrying me is the Nook warranty. The warranty is only for the US, however, should I ship it through Bundle Box or something of the sort - would I be covered with warranty? Since strictly speaking I will have a US address with them - maybe I will be covered?

Anyone buying the Nook from out the US I would appreciate your feedback. I have seen various online posts where Nook buyers say that they have had their Nook replaced because it was faulty and this worries me! Is this very common?

I do have another alternative - to buy it from an Ebay seller and if there are any faults or I need to use the warranty he claims I can send it back and pay 50 dollars shipping and he will replace it with a new or refurbished one, but is this safe? How do I know the seller will still be there?

I would really appreciate any other international buyers or prospective buyers join in and discuss these issues.

Thanks!
nakita002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:57 AM   #2
abjdiat
Enthusiast
abjdiat began at the beginning.

I got mine via company called worldship,http://www.worldship1.com [shipping only to the Arabic gulf countries], which gives US-based mailbox and use UPS to forward the shipments, it cost me 40$, express service,,,the device working great and no problem whatsoever,

the warranty is one year, and for international customers , you have to ship it yourself back to the US if it's defective one,and the probability you got defective one not that high though..I purchased many items from the us and didn't have to use warranty luckily

I don't recommend using third party seller,like ebay,you will counter some troubles registering your nook
abjdiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:43 AM   #3
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I used a USA mail forwarding addres from www.borderlinx.com.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:42 AM   #4
nakita002
nakita002 began at the beginning.

I ended up buying the Kindle...thought it was too much hassle if it happened to be defective or something, as I'd have to send it back to the forwarders at a cost, then they'd send back the new one (which id also be taxed for), plus it was going to cost me 100 euros more to buy due to taxes and such!
Will wait for Kindle 3/Nook 2 to upgrade ;-)
Thanks!
nakita002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:31 AM   #5
Fisse
Fisse began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I use MyUs and have had no problem for years. I have purchased quite expensive item and they have been delivered without any problem to Asia.
Fisse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
europe, international, nook, warranty