Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-07-2009, 10:12 AM   #16
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by yingwu View Post
I see. Five charging-cycles...
Yes, that's part of it. There is an initial period where the battery meter is calibrated. However, there is also a known bug (talked about higher in this thread) that the DR sometimes doesn't shutdown completely and will drain the battery when it appears to be off.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:38 AM   #17
yingwu
Addict
yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: 1000s
Quote:
There is an initial period where the battery meter is calibrated.
So how long usually?

Quote:
However, there is also a known bug (talked about higher in this thread) that the DR sometimes doesn't shutdown completely and will drain the battery when it appears to be off.
Yes, I have seen it yesterday.
yingwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2009, 12:35 PM   #18
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yingwu View Post
So how long usually?
I believe they say 5 charging cycles. It sounds like what you ran into yesterday was more likely the bug, not an incomplete calibration though.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:59 PM   #19
yingwu
Addict
yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: 1000s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I believe they say 5 charging cycles. It sounds like what you ran into yesterday was more likely the bug, not an incomplete calibration though.
Ya, I think so. The good thing is the DR is back after charging.
yingwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #20
Shaggy
Wizard

Various threads about the bug have some tips on avoiding it, in case you haven't seen them yet.

Things like making sure to close your documents before you shut it off (one theory is that the document reader doesn't stop completely, and hangs the shutdown sequence even though the screen has already been cleared). Also, touching some of the buttons to make sure they don't react (which would indicate that it's still running even though the screen is blank). Etc...
Advert
Old 08-10-2009, 12:55 PM   #21
Gwaihir
The Windlord
Gwaihir began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S, BeBook Club S
Mine generally looses 6% per day (24 hrs) when off. I suppose that's the capacitive on-switch taking its toll. At about 30 times the self-discharge of the Li-ion battery, I think it's quite a waste, so I hope the next model has a proper on-switch instead.

I've experienced the nope-I-didn't-quite-switch-off once so far. I hope it stays that way. I was unable to plug in at the time (on the move), so I found it quite annoying.
Gwaihir is offline   Reply With Quote