Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-11-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

Anyone else having trouble with Sony Reader Library Store?

I've got the latest 3.3 Sony Reader Library installed. When I go to the Store I'm having trouble with the search function returning errors, and no results. Clicking on many links also returns errors. I do not encounter these problems if I view the Store via a web browser, but you have to have the Sony Reader Library software to purchase books. It took me about 15 minutes to manipulate the store pages just to get to where I could purchase The Lord of the Rings: 50th Anniversary, One Vol. Edition.

I'm also noticing that the fonts used in Sony Reader Library are really terrible in Windows 7. They look like old bitmapped fonts and are not easy to read. I know this software has never been very good, but at least it used to be functional as far as buying books.

EDIT: Sony seems to have fixed the search and links problems.

Last edited by jswinden; 09-13-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:02 PM   #2
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I've got the latest 3.3 Sony Reader Library installed. When I go to the Store I'm having trouble with the search function returning errors, and no results. Clicking on many links also returns errors. I do not encounter these problems if I view the Store via a web browser, but you have to have the Sony Reader Library software to purchase books. It took me about 15 minutes to manipulate the store pages just to get to where I could purchase The Lord of the Rings: 50th Anniversary, One Vol. Edition.

I'm also noticing that the fonts used in Sony Reader Library are really terrible in Windows 7. They look like old bitmapped fonts and are not easy to read. I know this software has never been very good, but at least it used to be functional as far as buying books.
I encountered the same problem with searches using Windows XP.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2010, 06:19 PM   #3
cozworth
gadget crazy
cozworth began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505/900
I took the update about a week ago. I had no problems with the store. But as for a few minutes ago I started getting errors. Maybe some changes are coming due to the new readers....

Regardless, it's kind of irritating. Oh well, I can shop at Books on Board too.
cozworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Okay, well that means it is not just me or my PC! I agree that it might be due to changes for the new readers. I was able to buy my book, but it took forever to navigate to the book due to the flaky search and broken links. I wound up having to select Fiction, sort by Title, and scroll through several pages to find it. For some strange reason srting by Author wasn't working correctly.