Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-31-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
Dozy
Dozy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Where does eBook Library store files on a PC?

I've downloaded Calibre and much prefer it to the Sony software, so I want to move all my books from the eBook Library into Calibre.

Unfortunately, I can't find them on my hard drive! I've tried searching on the titles - no luck; I've tried searching on Author - no luck; I've tried searching on File Size - no luck; I've gone cross-eyed from manually checking through all my folders - no luck; I've tried dragging and dropping from eBook - no luck.

Does anybody know where this dratted program puts the books???
Dozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:39 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
eBook Library is not a dratted program. It works well for what it does. The only feature I'd stay away from is auto-sync. That does not work well.

That being said, the eBooks you'd purchased can be found in My Documents\My Books\eBook Library.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2009, 08:10 PM   #3
Dozy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
eBook Library is not a dratted program. It works well for what it does. The only feature I'd stay away from is auto-sync. That does not work well.

That being said, the eBooks you'd purchased can be found in My Documents\My Books\eBook Library.
Thanks for your help - but still can't find them! I haven't got a "My Documents" folder just "Documents", but I've checked in there and also done a search for "My Books", but to no avail.

Oh, none of the books I have were bought from the eBook Store - I can't use it, because I'm not in the US.

The books are from CDs, does that make a difference to where they go?

Last edited by Dozy; 07-31-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:14 AM   #4
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Dozy--When you have your book highlighted in your library, click on the preview button (the button that looks like a square inside a square just above the list of books on the left.) Then click on the info button (button with an i in the upper right). This will show you the information related to the current book, including the current path where the book is stored.

Hope this helps--
dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
Dozy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Dozy--When you have your book highlighted in your library, click on the preview button (the button that looks like a square inside a square just above the list of books on the left.) Then click on the info button (button with an i in the upper right). This will show you the information related to the current book, including the current path where the book is stored.

Hope this helps--
dordale
It worked

Not without a slight problem, though, because when I looked for the folder the books are in, it wasn't there! Luckily, I had vague recollections about "hidden files", so I eventually got to the stage where I could get the computer to show them. And there they all are - at last.

Technology is simply exhausting, isn't it?
Advert
Old 08-15-2009, 07:08 AM   #6
Panda Rose
Zealot
Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs505, Kindle 3, iPhone4
Thats fantastic info, thanks. However, all my downloaded stuff goes to my Adobe digital reader and I cannot find that anywhere obn my PC. do you have any suggestions on that one?
Panda Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #7
Who are you?
Groupie
Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 505
In your Documents or My Documents folder look for My Digital Editions, the books should be in there.
Who are you? is offline   Reply With Quote