Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-11-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
sgirsberger
Enthusiast
sgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheese

Device: iPhone, NOOK Color, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire HD
Unusual audio problem in fixed-layout EPUB

I'm working on a simple children's book for an author. Everything works perfectly EXCEPT the audio on the "left-hand" pages does not play when the controller is pressed. Audio on the "right-hand" pages plays fine.

This is an EPUB 3, with interactive set to true, orientation-lock set to landscape-only, and open-to-spread set to false. The book is laid out in landscape pages, with a viewport of 1024 px by 768 px. Right now, it's just for iPad, but may be adapted for wider distribution if the author says so.

Looks and sounds great.

Any ideas why the audio on the verso doesn't work? I wondered if it has something to do with the position:

audio.frame {
position:absolute;
height:60px;
width:400px;
left: 25px;
top: 700px;

Maybe it's too close to the thumb edge of the "page"? I'm so ready for this project to go on to the next stage. Any advice is helpful. Thank you.
sgirsberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
sgirsberger
Enthusiast
sgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheese

Device: iPhone, NOOK Color, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire HD
Proximity was the problem. When I changed the left and top settings to 75px and 625px, respectively, I had no problems with the controller.
sgirsberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
audio, ebook, epub, fixed layout, position