Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-07-2010, 02:11 PM   #1
stodge
Groupie
stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650SC
Downloading Kobo books for a Sony?

How do I download books from kobobooks.com where the only clickable link is "Read now"? I tried downloading some free ebooks from Kobo (clicked "Download" as epub) but the formatting was screwed up and often the text was garbled.
stodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
How do I download books from kobobooks.com where the only clickable link is "Read now"?
You don't, the epub isn't available for that book.

Quote:
I tried downloading some free ebooks from Kobo (clicked "Download" as epub) but the formatting was screwed up and often the text was garbled.
The download button only downloads the .acsm file. You must double click that file to invoke Adobe Digital Editions software, that creates the epub and stores it in the 'My Digital Editions' directory. Then ADE can read the file.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
stodge
Groupie
stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650SC
When I click "Download" there's an option to download as .epub, which does in fact download an epub file. This is only for the free ebooks so far.
stodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:42 PM   #4
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stodge View Post
When I click "Download" there's an option to download as .epub, which does in fact download an epub file. This is only for the free ebooks so far.
Yeah, my post refers to DRM books.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote