Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-07-2008, 03:51 AM   #31
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfleisher View Post
It folds backwards fine for me. Using it that way right now. If the clips are loose just squeeze them in a bit and then slide the kindle back into them. They may have shifted a bit in transit.
I was locked in mortal combat with the clips, now one works - that's a step forward. My hubby doesn't realise it, but he is going to fix the clip tomorrow. Evil - that's me!

For now I have been folding it the opposite way and it works fine, so I can read with one hand.

The spine of the cover is one inch thick and, overall it's 8 1/2" by 5 1/2".
It's a bit heavier than expected, but it's great at protecting the Kindle.
I can still slip it into my handbag. I don't go anywhere with my Kindle and I am trying to dream up a pet name for it.

Cheers.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:08 AM   #32
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
It's a really nice cover, noticeably heavy but protects the Kindle very well. Had to throw out my red faux leather M-Edge since it was showing a lot of wear around the edges.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:50 PM   #33
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post
I was locked in mortal combat with the clips, now one works - that's a step forward. My hubby doesn't realise it, but he is going to fix the clip tomorrow. Evil - that's me!

For now I have been folding it the opposite way and it works fine, so I can read with one hand.

The spine of the cover is one inch thick and, overall it's 8 1/2" by 5 1/2".
It's a bit heavier than expected, but it's great at protecting the Kindle.
I can still slip it into my handbag. I don't go anywhere with my Kindle and I am trying to dream up a pet name for it.

Cheers.
I have just reread my post. Duh!!! Of course I take it everywhere with me.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:48 AM   #34
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
People should post pictures of their Kindles "in action" so the rest of us can see how creative everyone is and suffer from true Kindle envy.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:05 AM   #35
BeastMD
BeastMD began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
Some nice features, but UGLY!
BeastMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:36 PM   #36
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMD View Post
Some nice features, but UGLY!
Specify? What do you think is ugly?
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:32 PM   #37
BeastMD
BeastMD began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLS View Post
Specify? What do you think is ugly?
Its brown, and it has that ugly croc skin.
BeastMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:38 PM   #38
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
Ah, you don't like the Avantgarde case. There are many other options for the Kindle, hopefully there is one you will like.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:22 AM   #39
kindlenewbie
Trying to win a Kindle 2!
kindlenewbie is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 2
The only reason I sold my Avantgarde case is because it was so heavy compared to the M-edge Exec. Jacket. They are very well made, though.
kindlenewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!