Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #136
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
Does this update apply to the Firefly also? And is there something more substantial in sight yet for the Firefly in terms of firmware?
Yes to both questions
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #137
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemood View Post
For me confirmation is still needed after installation of patch.
No confirmation is needed if exiting a book with Close Icon in main menu.
"Exit" button must be still confirmed by dialog. I am not going to change it, since it was an often requested and in my opinion useful option.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #138
inthemood
Zealot
inthemood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Forma 32G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
No confirmation is needed if exiting a book with Close Icon in main menu.
"Exit" button must be still confirmed by dialog. I am not going to change it, since it was an often requested and in my opinion useful option.
I'm sorry, but I still have a confirmation needed after exiting a book with the Close Icon in main menu.(On the firefly)
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #139
inthemood
Zealot

Quote:
Yes to both questions
Good to read that ! Can't wait. I'm starting to love this device.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #140
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Before I install: does it keep the option of using the 'old PDF-reader', which is my preferred reader for now?
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #141
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Wait, are you sure the same firmware applies to the Firefly? Isn't Booxtor hinting a separate update is about to be released?
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #142
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayo View Post
Wait, are you sure the same firmware applies to the Firefly? Isn't Booxtor hinting a separate update is about to be released?
I apologize, I was writing from work where my pc has no Winrar or other archiver installed so I couldn't see the content of the archive. Just now I've realized it's just an update for the pdf reader. After updating is it safe to delete the files? Also must I unzip them in the device's root folder?
Old 12-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #143
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayo View Post
The binary in patch can be used in all platforms.
It detects current environment during runtime.
It replaces just one application (new PDF Reader)
Old 12-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #144
yayo
Groupie

Thanks, I installed it after writing my last post. I don't have pdf's (apart from the user manual) on my Firefly so I can't really judge how the new pdf reader is behaving after the new update but it seems to be working alright. I tried using the new pdf reader for epubs and I loved the functionality but unfortunately the max font size (300% if I'm correct) is still way too small for comfortable reading, but It may differ from file to file.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #145
inthemood
Zealot

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I still have a confirmation needed after exiting a book with the Close Icon in main menu.(On the firefly)
I reinstalled the update. This time, I moved the extracted files to the internal memory separately, not in a folder. Now I don't need a confirmation after exiting a book wit the Close icon in the main menu. I actually had probably not really installed the new firmware the first time, because I left the files together in a folder rather than by themselves in the internal memory ?

Now that I have done the update, can I trash the 3 extracted files ?

Thank you.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:59 AM   #146
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Quote:
I don't see the advantage of the exit dialogue at all, but if on the other hand it is a much requested feature ... Still I'd much prefer a menu option to activate or disable this feature. If you don't feel it's useful, believe me, it soon becomes quite irritating and when I want to exit, please let me exit instead of asking me if I know what I'm doing. Of course I know! This dialogue is sooooooo Microsoft
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:49 AM   #147
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
I reinstalled the update. This time, I moved the extracted files to the internal memory separately, not in a folder. Now I don't need a confirmation after exiting a book wit the Close icon in the main menu. I actually had probably not really installed the new firmware the first time, because I left the files together in a folder rather than by themselves in the internal memory ?

Now that I have done the update, can I trash the 3 extracted files ?

Thank you.
Yes, after installation just delete those files from internal memory.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:54 AM   #148
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
I don't see the advantage of the exit dialogue at all, but if on the other hand it is a much requested feature ... Still I'd much prefer a menu option to activate or disable this feature. If you don't feel it's useful, believe me, it soon becomes quite irritating and when I want to exit, please let me exit instead of asking me if I know what I'm doing. Of course I know! This dialogue is sooooooo Microsoft
I will think, how to solve the dilema. May be you are right with additional setting in PDF Reader menu. I just don't want to overload the menu with too much settings. Some newbies could become confused.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:00 AM   #149
inthemood
Zealot

Quote:
Thank you
Old 12-13-2012, 07:11 AM   #150
yayo
Groupie

Quote:
Jumping in quickly: after the installation a new folder is created along the three files, named ".boox" If I remember correctly, containing a 4kb file titled thumbs. Is that safe to delete also?