Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 12:58 AM   #1
MosesSiregarIII
Writer, Reader, Conquerer
MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle
NOW FREE - Epic Fantasy Novella: THE BLACK GOD'S WAR

Now Free at Smashwords and Barnes and Noble (or 99 cents at Amazon).

Hi everyone, it's good to be here. I hope you'll sample my dramatic work and go on to really enjoy it.

THE BLACK GOD'S WAR: A Novella Introducing a New Epic Fantasy

Her father-king wants war.

Her messianic brother wants peace.

The black god wants his due.

She suffers all the consequences.

"An inventive tale with high command of craft."
--Scott Nicholson, Author of Drummer Boy

Buy it an the introductory price of 99 cents at Amazon or Free at Smashwords. Word count: 25K.

ing Vieri’s war against the lands of Pawelon rages into its tenth year, and with the kingdom’s holy savior, his son Caio, en route to the fighting in the storied canyon, victory ought to come soon. Feeling abandoned by his god, King Vieri forces young Caio to lead his army to victory.

The Black One, Lord Danato, tortures Lucia with nightly visions promising another ten years of bloodshed. She can no longer tell the difference between the waking world and Danato's nightmares. Lucia knows the black god too well; he entered her bed and dreams when she was ten.

As the epic battles rage, Lucia struggles to understand the messages of The Black One, while Caio wrestles with his conscience: Can someone who only wants to heal the world bring himself to kill another man?
_______

A novella-length story introducing a new epic fantasy novel by the same title.

Lucia, from THE BLACK GOD’S WAR, drawn by Rich W. Ware

_______

In this YouTube video, I read from my first chapter. You can also read the first chapter for free on my GoodReads profile.

THE BLACK GOD'S WAR: A NOVELLA INTRODUCING A NEW EPIC FANTASY
Smashwords | Amazon | Moses and Dionysus Walk Into a Bar ...

Last edited by MosesSiregarIII; 01-02-2011 at 10:43 PM.
MosesSiregarIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:58 PM   #2
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Oh, Moses...it's about damn time you popped up on here.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:32 AM   #3
MosesSiregarIII
MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
Oh, Moses...it's about damn time you popped up on here.
Ahhh! Now I know who you are, jaxx. I've been reading an old thread (I just finished all 15 pages of it) and I saw you over there. Great avatar, btw.

I'm going to update my OP in a sec. I have a free, six-chapter excerpt that was published yesterday on Kindle Nation Daily.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:28 PM   #4
MosesSiregarIII

My novella is FREE on Smashwords for a limited time. Hey kid, the first hit is free. The second hit costs one milllllion dollars. *pinky to corner of mouth*

Last edited by MosesSiregarIII; 09-26-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:52 AM   #5
MosesSiregarIII

Ho ho ho!

Ho ho ho!

You'll shoot your eye out, kid.

Ho ho ho!

Happy holidays, everyone. My novella is freshly polished for the holidays and still free at Smashwords (or 99 cents at Amazon). It's got over 20 Amazon reviews now, and a number of reviews at other sites like GoodReads, Smashwords, and LibraryThing.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:55 PM   #6
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Gave this a read and was impressed. How long until the full novel is out - you can count me as a buyer.

I'm really intrigued to read more about the enemy and find out how the story progresses.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:59 PM   #7
MosesSiregarIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Gave this a read and was impressed. How long until the full novel is out - you can count me as a buyer.

I'm really intrigued to read more about the enemy and find out how the story progresses.

Regards
Caleb
Thanks, Caleb! Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. The novel is still on track for release in May and I'm thrilled that you're looking forward to it.

Btw everyone, it's also free at BN.com and pretty soon the iBookstore as well.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:49 PM   #8
MosesSiregarIII

Sorry for being a self-promoting whore, but writing a novel does strange things to a man.

A fellow writer, Guido Henkel, has been reading some of my work and I was very pleased to find some of the nice things he said (link) about it. Thanks, Google Alerts!

I feel so dirty for posting this, but here goes:

_____

"At this point I have started to read Moses Siregar’s novella “The Black God’s War.” He wrote this story as a precursor to his upcoming full-length novel of the same name. An interesting concept, to be sure, and if the first four chapters are any indication, I will most definitely read the novel once it becomes available.

The book is a mix between the mythology of Greek and Hellenic cultures, it seems, intermingled with somewhat more traditional fantasy elements. It reads like historical fiction with a fantasy twist. Things feel and sound real enough to give you the historical feel, yet none of it is part of actual mythology or history, thus giving it a familiar, yet completely new, fictitious flair.

Siregar’s writing style is also natural and flows very well, making it for a fast and easy read. There is none of the superficial style found in the books of many first time novelists trying so hard to impress the reader — or more accurately, the critics — while seemingly forgetting entirely that a good story is told as a good story and not an assortment of literary language gimmicks.

Siregar on the other hand, has a firm grip on his writing and seems to be very comfortable letting the story flow and his characters develop. It makes for really enjoyable reading and I am eagerly continuing this story. I will, of course, tell you more about “The Black God’s War” when I‘m finished reading it."

_____

I'm going to go take a shower now.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:07 PM   #9
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Why apologize!?! Isn't that what this section is about?

Plus, if you hadn't made your last post, I wouldn't have seen this thread and downloaded your novella for myself. It'll be a while before I actually get to read it (my TBR list is ridiculous at the moment), but who knows, you may have just found a new customer.

Best of Luck to You!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:52 AM   #10
MosesSiregarIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Why apologize!?! Isn't that what this section is about?

Plus, if you hadn't made your last post, I wouldn't have seen this thread and downloaded your novella for myself. It'll be a while before I actually get to read it (my TBR list is ridiculous at the moment), but who knows, you may have just found a new customer.

Best of Luck to You!
Nyssa, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but thanks very much!
Old 01-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #11
JaydeS
Author of SPY KIDZ
JaydeS knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JaydeS knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JaydeS knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JaydeS knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JaydeS knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JaydeS knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JaydeS knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JaydeS knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JaydeS knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JaydeS knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'JaydeS knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: none
Looks fantastic. I got a copy. Thank you so much. Hope to read it soon.

Regards,

Jayde
Visit my blog
JaydeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:08 AM   #12
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I just downloaded the book, and I can't wait to give it a read. Best of luck with your work.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #13
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Got it at Amazon, it looks good.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:19 PM   #14
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz
ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Read it and wrote up a review on my blog:

http://signaldotnoise.blogspot.com/2...-gods-war.html

In short: loved it, and I can't wait to read the full work in May.
ChupaLibro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #15
natasha_fawn
Evangelist
natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-950 (finally!)
Downloaded this because of the good reviews. I'll give it a shot.
natasha_fawn is offline   Reply With Quote