Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-23-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
Chrysanthemum
Enthusiast
Chrysanthemum began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2,
Calibre with Multiple Devices?

I am sure I saw this question asked before, but I apologize because I cannot seem to find the thread where this was addressed.

Can Calibre be used with more than one device, particularly two different types of devices. I initially began using Calibre because I had a Nook that required rtf files converted to epubs in order for Nook to read them. I just got back my Sony PRS-300 from Sony Repair and I would like Calibre to notice it too. I haven't figured out how if this is possible.

Is it, and how is this done?
Chrysanthemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:28 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
All I can tell you is that I use it with both my Sony PRS300 and Sony PRS600 - just NOT at the same time.

I think the issue for you will be choosing a "default" conversion format. Hopefully someone else can tell you which the best choice would be for both readers. Since they both read ePub, it's possible either format would work for either reader. You can read Sony ebooks on the Nook (although not vice versa because of eReader's specialized DRM).

HTH.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:33 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysanthemum View Post
I would like Calibre to notice it too. I haven't figured out how if this is possible.
Just connect your 300 by itself and calibre will recognize it.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:18 AM   #4
Chrysanthemum
Enthusiast

But it isn't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Just connect your 300 by itself and calibre will recognize it.
And if nothing happens in Calibre when I connect the PRS-300, then what? Because nothing happened. When I connect the Nook, it's recognized. But not the Sony. And I have tried them separately.

I have the eReaders connecting through a USB hub, which works fine for the Nook. Could that be a problem for Calibre with the 300? (The Reader Library, the Sony software senses the 300 through the hub fine.)
Old 07-24-2010, 02:24 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysanthemum View Post
And if nothing happens in Calibre when I connect the PRS-300, then what? Because nothing happened. When I connect the Nook, it's recognized. But not the Sony. And I have tried them separately.
If your OS sees it and mounts it as a USB drive then it will work.

Update: Unplug your charging apple device (iphone) and then it will see your 300 fine.

If you aren't going to use your apple device as an ereader you can go to Preferences - Plugins - Device interface plugin - disable the Apple device interface plugin.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 07-24-2010 at 02:37 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:15 AM   #6
Chrysanthemum
Enthusiast

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post

Update: Unplug your charging apple device (iphone) and then it will see your 300 fine.

If you aren't going to use your apple device as an ereader you can go to Preferences - Plugins - Device interface plugin - disable the Apple device interface plugin.
Thanks for catching this over on the other thread! It's detected now.