Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-16-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Reuters: Still plenty of demand for iPad: Survey

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE66E5WH20100715

Quote:
The fact that the number of people planning to buy is more than 70 percent of those who have already bought is a good sign for a device that sells for at least $499, said Britt Beemer, America's Research Group founder. "That shows incredible demand for the product."
in other news from the same research group:

Quote:
In other questions, 55.3 percent of those with children at home said they do not pay them an allowance. That number is low and shows a continuing decline from previous decades, Beemer said. In the 1970s, the number would have been about 80 percent and in the 1980s it was about 70 percent, Beemer said.
What???
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:39 PM   #2
Yoshi 1080
Addict
Yoshi 1080 doesn't litterYoshi 1080 doesn't litterYoshi 1080 doesn't litter

Device: iPad, iPhone, Mac
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
What???
What do you mean? I don't see a connection.
Yoshi 1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi 1080 View Post
What do you mean? I don't see a connection.
I can't believe over half don't pay allowance
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:13 PM   #4
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
I can't believe over half don't pay allowance
Well without knowing how old the children were, it doesn't really mean anything.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:22 PM   #5
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
My parents didn't pay allowance. My Dad said he'd decide case-by-case whether to give us money. I quickly learned the value of earning my own money.

I got my first job at 14, which later led to a very fulfilling career, in which I have made more money than I ever expected. It also allowed me help support my parents in retirement. (They're immigrants who never made much money, so I offered.)

My Dad came out well ahead by not paying allowance, lol. Mileage will vary, of course.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert