Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #16
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaistlinKiwi View Post
I don't see a progress bar in my touch. Has this been removed or am I missing something?
You're not missing anything. It's not on the Touch.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #17
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Well there's a deal-breaker.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #18
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
So there is nothing to show where you are in the book, or where the next chapter is? Is there anything along the bottom line on the KT in place of the progress bar?
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #19
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Next Chapter?

This has been discussed before here. THe pics in that thread seem to show that the bar is no longer there but the 'location' and 'percent read' are there at the bottom of the screen. I kinda' think that this negates one's ability to judge the closeness of the new chapter.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #20
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
This has been discussed before here. THe pics in that thread seem to show that the bar is no longer there but the 'location' and 'percent read' are there at the bottom of the screen. I kinda' think that this negates one's ability to judge the closeness of the new chapter.
Exactly right. Fortunately, I don't find this bothersome. I actually found the bar rather distracting. However, you'd think it would be a preference you could set in the device options.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #21
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Thanks for that link, I knew the location number was a new thing in the latest Kindles but didn't realise this had changed too. I quite like the chapter dots in the progress bar but as long as the percentage figure is still there I guess I could live with it.

Probably another reason just to stick with the Kindle 3 though. And it to be an option in the settings is another item to add to the list of things that would feature in my 'ideal e-reader'!
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:06 AM   #22
RaistlinKiwi
RaistlinKiwi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I cannot understand the location number. But the % read is definitely helpful. Still, would have liked to see a progress bar also as an optional setting.
RaistlinKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:05 AM   #23
ndixon
Mostly Harmless
ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, Nook Simple Touch
I'm one of those odd people who isn't really interested in chapter marks.

When I'm reading a print book, I sometimes try to reach the end of the chapter as a convenient stopping point that's easier to find later without a bookmark; but these days I usually get interrupted from reading rather than choosing to stop. Reading on a Kindle is advantageous in this regard, because I can just pick up where I left off. Consequently I have little need for chapter marks.

I do refer to the % indicator in the corner, but largely ignore the progress bar, which I would happily see replaced by a clock, as on the Sony devices.
ndixon is offline   Reply With Quote