Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #31
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by francis.tks View Post
...I thought kindle should be good on the eye just like a book. ...
It is just as good, with one exception. Compared to a paper book, it is vastly easier to change pages with an ereader without disturbing the position and distance of the screen. This makes it very easy to read for an extended period without giving your eyes a chance to alter their focus and position. Not giving your eyes a chance to change focus and position periodically is a major cause of eyestrain.

With paper books there is much more repositioning of the book, and hence your eyes, while changing pages which causes your eyes to move and refocus.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:47 AM   #32
ziprar
ziprar began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard
I find kindle Eink display very easy on the eyes, unlike computer LCD displays, but the only problem (or maybe not really a problem) is that it is not backlit, so make sure you read in a well lit room.
ziprar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2012, 09:16 AM   #33
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziprar View Post
I find kindle Eink display very easy on the eyes, unlike computer LCD displays, but the only problem (or maybe not really a problem) is that it is not backlit, so make sure you read in a well lit room.
It's true that good reading light is important, but there is extremely little difference, if any, between a current state-of-the-art eInk display and a paper book in this respect. Any difference in eyestrain between eInk and paper is due to some other cause.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:22 PM   #34
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
It's true that good reading light is important, but there is extremely little difference, if any, between a current state-of-the-art eInk display and a paper book in this respect. Any difference in eyestrain between eInk and paper is due to some other cause.
I totally disagree. I can read print books in very poor light without experiencing discomfort. Reading e-ink in dim conditions for an extended period makes my eyes blur and gives me a headache. I find a book light essential.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote