Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-06-2010, 11:16 PM   #121
TheJohnNewton
Addict
TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Google books android app doesn't seem to work.
TheJohnNewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:43 PM   #122
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJohnNewton View Post
Google books android app doesn't seem to work.
Yeah, it's looking for a google account on the device.

Last edited by SCION; 12-07-2010 at 08:29 AM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2010, 01:36 AM   #123
zetlorf
zetlorf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hi,
Skype is working on the rooted Nook?
zetlorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:40 AM   #124
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetlorf View Post
Hi,
Skype is working on the rooted Nook?
Doubtful...no microphone or bluetooth for a headset.
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:53 PM   #125
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle 3, Ipad 2nd gen, Nook HD+, Iphone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
I just came out of the B&N store and it's true that with root I have lost "in store" features.
What are the apps that you have installed on the rooted NC? It seems a little discrepant since some with rooted NC said they had no problems to access the read in store in B&N. I am just wondering it might be something to do with apps.
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2010, 11:56 PM   #126
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebo View Post
What are the apps that you have installed on the rooted NC? It seems a little discrepant since some with rooted NC said they had no problems to access the read in store in B&N. I am just wondering it might be something to do with apps.
I'm curious as well. Tomorrow I'll be in the area of a B&N. Will definitely drop in and try it out.

Last edited by SCION; 12-09-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:13 AM   #127
SCION
Séduisant

Bing App

Obviously location service doesn't work (and you may have this app on your phone), but still a worthy app to have on the NOOKcolor. The big screen is nice for displaying maps and search results.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=769443
Old 12-08-2010, 12:34 AM   #128
SCION
Séduisant

Dropbox App

Many may not be familiar with Dropbox.

Install Dropbox (online backup and file sync) on your computer. As you accumulate your .apk files, place them in the appropriate Dropbox folder.

Install the Dropbox app on your NOOKcolor. Now you can access these files anytime should you be away from your computer. You may have to uninstall and re-install an app, and don't have the .apk file on your device/storage card. No problem if you have WiFi access!

Or you can place documents, ebooks, and videos in the Dropbox folder on your computer for anytime access. Many people do this with their calibre library. It's great for videos because you can delete from the device what you watched and download fresh content on the fly.

Last edited by SCION; 12-08-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:50 AM   #129
Richey79
mrkrgnao
Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS650, K3 Wireless, Galaxy S3, iPad 3.
Looking really good.

This does everything I want from a tablet now it's been rooted (Livewallpaper only drains battery, anyway). The only thing I would really miss is bluetooth - it would become a full mobile office when needed if you could use a bluetooth keyboard with it.

Shame the only way to get one in the UK is to pay over the odds to some profiteer on flEabay.
Richey79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:35 AM   #130
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Revisiting from earlier, has anybody managed to get Documents to Go Premium working? The ability to create/edit would be a big plus for me.
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:28 AM   #131
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtriever View Post
Revisiting from earlier, has anybody managed to get Documents to Go Premium working? The ability to create/edit would be a big plus for me.
I did get it working but had to revert to 2.0 rather than 3.0.

Basically I had a key (and the key is the file with the "app" in the name) and I had 2 or 3 versions of the application. The key ended up matching numerically with an older version so once I installed the older version I was in business. I'm o.k. with using 2.0 as I didn't need the sync features of 3.0 anyway (I use Dropbox).
Old 12-08-2010, 07:30 AM   #132
French
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebo View Post
I'm actually posting in that thread as well (I assume XDA?)...I'm wondering if it could be superuser. Not everyone that has root has superuser installed.

I came to this question because not too long ago on my personal Android phone my company booted me off the Good server with a notification that my device was rooted and therefore didn't pass their policy. I wasn't sure how they would know I was rooted except for maybe scanning and finding superuser.

May be WAY off base...but I did pose the question on the other forum. I hope those that were able to access in store features post back.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:49 PM   #133
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
I did get it working but had to revert to 2.0 rather than 3.0.

Basically I had a key (and the key is the file with the "app" in the name) and I had 2 or 3 versions of the application. The key ended up matching numerically with an older version so once I installed the older version I was in business. I'm o.k. with using 2.0 as I didn't need the sync features of 3.0 anyway (I use Dropbox).
Thanks. That info's much appreciated.
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #134
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richey79 View Post
Looking really good.

This does everything I want from a tablet now it's been rooted (Livewallpaper only drains battery, anyway). The only thing I would really miss is bluetooth - it would become a full mobile office when needed if you could use a bluetooth keyboard with it.

Shame the only way to get one in the UK is to pay over the odds to some profiteer on flEabay.
You can actually get Live Wallpapers to work:

http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_Enable_Live_Wallpapers
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:18 PM   #135
Mare of Earth
Leaver of Hoofmarks
Mare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richey79 View Post
Looking really good.

Not precisely true. What you really need is a Paypal account and sufficient trust and trustworthiness to have an American buy one and ship it to you.
Mare of Earth is offline   Reply With Quote