Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-19-2009, 01:31 PM   #16
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Yes it is. I updated my original post to say it happens about 50% of the time (I'm being generous). To clarify again, it does quickly display the first new post, and then just as quickly displays the top of the last page.)
Are you sure you are waiting until the page is fully rendered? If I recall IE does just a bit while it is rendering the page.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:32 PM   #17
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Oh to clarify I am not clicking the blue arrow, I am clicking the last page post.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:33 PM   #18
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Oh to clarify I am not clicking the blue arrow, I am clicking the last page post.
Well, going to the last page is much different than going to next unread message.

BOb
Old 01-19-2009, 01:34 PM   #19
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Are you sure you are waiting until the page is fully rendered? If I recall IE does just a bit while it is rendering the page.

BOb
Yes, I do wait, it sometimes takes a few seconds to reposition.

When I am at the end of reading a thread, I always scroll down to the bottom of the page and click 'top'. In the past this has always book-marked where I left off.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:34 PM   #20
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Wetdogeared, next time before you press on the arrow icon, could you right click/copy the link and paste it so that I see how it looks like?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:35 PM   #21
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Well, going to the last page is much different than going to next unread message.

BOb
Yes but it was jumping to the bottom of the page nonetheless (not the top like it used to).
Old 01-19-2009, 01:39 PM   #22
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Yes but it was jumping to the bottom of the page nonetheless (not the top like it used to).
Hmm.. I never used that link. You should use the little blue down arrow. The brings you to first new post.

BOb
Old 01-19-2009, 01:40 PM   #23
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Hmm.. I never used that link. You should use the little blue down arrow. The brings you to first new post.

BOb
I know. It's bad habit.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:47 PM   #24
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
It's all working fine in opera
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #25
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Wetdogeared, next time before you press on the arrow icon, could you right click/copy the link and paste it so that I see how it looks like?
I right clicked on title of the thread and copied/pasted the shortcut below?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36795

Am I able to right click on the blue arrow? I'll check that out next. (If someone would please add a new post to this thread)

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 01-19-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:00 PM   #26
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Here ya go!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:01 PM   #27
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This is the thread's main URL. Unfortunately, it doesn't help me to debug this problem. If it's possible, next time you have an upgrade to your subscription, post the link that appears in your browser's address field after you clicked on the arrow.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:02 PM   #28
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Here ya go!
Oddly enough, I got taken to the right post. Here is the shortcut I get by right clicking on the blue arrow.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ewpost&t=36795
Old 01-19-2009, 02:04 PM   #29
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Here ya go!
Can ya post another one of those, please. WDE
Old 01-19-2009, 02:06 PM   #30
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Excellent that shortcut seems correct and it should always be the same. Basically what it does it (by using goto=newpost inside the URL) is to rewrite the URL so it jumps to the latest unread post. Alright. With the next update, could you also post the resulting URL that appears in your address bar after you clicked on the arrow?