Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
Opus97
Opus97 began at the beginning.

Device: ipod, blackberry playbook
Is there a way to list shortcuts?

In my never ending efforts to improve my library, I have begun to apply keyboard shortcuts to some of the features that I use most often. Is there one place that I could see a list of (or create a list of) all of the pre-assigned shortcuts as well as all of the current user-assigned shortcuts? If I forget what I have assigned, it makes me nervous to guess and possibly have the software embark on some unintended course of action. It would also take the guesswork out of assigning keystrokes to new shortcuts. (To have a list of available or unassigned keystrokes appear when at the "Customize: Shortcut" screen would be a boon to all mankind)

Thanx.
Opus97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus97 View Post
In my never ending efforts to improve my library, I have begun to apply keyboard shortcuts to some of the features that I use most often. Is there one place that I could see a list of (or create a list of) all of the pre-assigned shortcuts as well as all of the current user-assigned shortcuts? If I forget what I have assigned, it makes me nervous to guess and possibly have the software embark on some unintended course of action. It would also take the guesswork out of assigning keystrokes to new shortcuts. (To have a list of available or unassigned keystrokes appear when at the "Customize: Shortcut" screen would be a boon to all mankind)

Thanx.
Preferences: Keyboard
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #3
Opus97
Opus97 began at the beginning.

Device: ipod, blackberry playbook
I'm still in the dark

I realize that I am able to create and view shortcuts in the Preferences: Keyboard section but I still have to click and scroll through each of the entries to see what is allocated and write them down if I want to remember them. I am wondering about a list of only the presently active shortcuts, whether assigned by the program or user. Something that could be sent to the printer would be nice. Having the available keystrokes display when you are about to assign another shortcut would also be nice. As it is, I have to hunt and peck; the program will tell me if the keystroke that I deem the most relevant is already assigned and if so I must make a different selection until I find one free for use.

I may be missing the obvious.

If this is a feature not currently on the list, it may need to be brought to the attention of the developers if others would find it handy, or perhaps it falls under the umbrella of a plug-in.

Thanx.
Opus97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #4
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus97 View Post
Preferences: Keyboard section
In the user manual is a list that can be printed;

Keyboard Shortcuts.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
In the user manual is a list that can be printed;

Keyboard Shortcuts.
Those are the DEFAULTS (and I don't know if the full list)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote