Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-14-2010, 05:19 AM   #1
Mathlete
Enthusiast
Mathlete began at the beginning.

Device: Opus
Do we have any specifics on how multitouch will work?

I have been thinking about upgrading my ereader to one that has a good search featue, a larger screen, and wifi. It sounds like the Orizon will have all of these things, but there aren't very many specifics available yet.

I like my Opus well enough so I'm willing to give Bookeen another shot, especially since this multitouch feature interests me.

There is a video from CES here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGImN2ggt0c

But that was the only thing I could find in the way of a demo. Does anyone know anything more about how multitouch will work for this device? Is it possible to mod/hack Bookeen's software to add functionality for this feature?
Mathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:28 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
nope, but Orizon will not be a tablet like the ipad. It will have a
6" epaper display with 16 level grey scale and it will be WIFI and
Bluetooth. This device will be available in June.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2010, 02:57 AM   #3
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
It is very unlikely that Orizon will be sold in June, due to SiPix production issues.
See what gastan writes in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=75728&page=2
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
probably correct, after all it was Bookeen who said "June" - and we know what their time-keeping is like ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:51 AM   #5
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Nobody can read the futur...
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2010, 11:53 AM   #6
NicolasR
Addict
NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Gepetto: That is a very sad news, about Sipix… But last week, a Bookeen guy said to me that the Orizon is still awaited for june.
Wait and See.
NicolasR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:37 AM   #7
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jctergal View Post
Gepetto: That is a very sad news, about Sipix… But last week, a Bookeen guy said to me that the Orizon is still awaited for june.
Wait and See.
in the meantime, I bought an Onyx Boox.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote