Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-06-2009, 03:51 AM   #1
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
This update will improve battery life drastically

Get your attention?

This following description accompanies the latest firmware for the BeBook mini. I can put this in my Astak PP right?

"This update will improve battery life drastically. In firmware versions prior to 2009-10-16, the BeBook 'Mini' didn't go into standby mode while idle. From now on, it does."
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:29 AM   #2
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Yep you can install it on your PP. I think Robert mentioned on a thread earlier that this week it is expected Astak will release a new firmware for the PP. Might be worth a browse on the bebook forums to see if it is fixing the battery issue first.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2009, 04:34 AM   #3
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Works nicely. Yes I think I'll check out their forums.

btw: BeBook have added some nice graphics to various things, like the About page and the 'now connected to computer' page. Pretty slick.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:44 AM   #4
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Yep you can install it on your PP. I think Robert mentioned on a thread earlier that this week it is expected Astak will release a new firmware for the PP. Might be worth a browse on the bebook forums to see if it is fixing the battery issue first.
I have tried the new BeBook Mini firmware on my PocketPRO, and it really does improve battery life for me when using the keyboard lock instead of shutting down. Now I am trying the new Lbook firmware on my PocketPRO, but I have not had it long enough to know what it does for battery life. I really like the fact that the Lbook firmware provides a method of setting the date and time on the PocketPRO's RTC (Real Time Clock).
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:59 AM   #5
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
I have tried the new BeBook Mini firmware on my PocketPRO, and it really does improve battery life for me when using the keyboard lock instead of shutting down. Now I am trying the new Lbook firmware on my PocketPRO, but I have not had it long enough to know what it does for battery life. I really like the fact that the Lbook firmware provides a method of setting the date and time on the PocketPRO's RTC (Real Time Clock).
Where did you get the LBook firmware from? I didn't know LBook had a 5". I see the V3 and the V8 but not a V5 on their website.
Advert
Old 11-06-2009, 06:13 AM   #6
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lbook Firmware

Quote:
Where did you get the LBook firmware from? I didn't know LBook had a 5". I see the V3 and the V8 but not a V5 on their website.
Until yesterday, I did not know that Lbook also had a version of the V5 either. It was pointed out to me by torbich in post #83 of this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=27960&page=6
Old 11-06-2009, 05:01 PM   #7
Solicitous
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Until yesterday, I did not know that Lbook also had a version of the V5 either. It was pointed out to me by torbich in post #83 of this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=27960&page=6
Thanks for that Dave_S. Being a Ukraine or Russian page is the default language on the firmware set to English? My Polish is a little rusty so I might be able to fudge my way through the Ukraine language to change it.

How is the new BBmini firmware going? Is it any different to the September firmware from Astak?
Old 11-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #8
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
Thanks for that Dave_S. Being a Ukraine or Russian page is the default language on the firmware set to English? My Polish is a little rusty so I might be able to fudge my way through the Ukraine language to change it.
The default language that the Lbook firmware starts in is Russian, but it is very easy to change the default to English with the setup menu. The language tab has what I assume is the Russian word for language, but it has that one labeled in English as well. I only read FB2, and I could not get the CoolReader setup menu in FB2 to show settings in English. I just hunted around until I finally was able to enlarge to book font to suit my eyes. I really liked the Lbook feature that allows the date and time to be set on ARM's Real Time Clock, and then be able to display time in CoolReader's status bar while reading.

Quote:
How is the new BBmini firmware going? Is it any different to the September firmware from Astak?
I only read FB2 format on the PocketPRO, and I did not see anything that *I* noticed there. I mainly noticed the much longer battery life!
Old 11-06-2009, 08:15 PM   #9
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Astak Firmware Upgarde coming

Dear All:

Astak will release a new firmware upgrade next week (November 9-13). It should have the new program for longer battery charge life, Thai language support, and additional uses for the scroll wheel.

The reason we did not release it sooner (like BeBook) is that we check firmware upgrades BEFORE we release. Amy found two glitches and is getting them straightened out with the factory... so next week we will release and all should be right.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:55 PM   #10
jusmee
Wizard

Good enough reason for me to switch back to yours when it comes out.

btw: how do we find out all the extra capabilities, like for example the "additional uses for the scroll wheel"? Do you publish an addendum, or even a list of changes? Ideally, I'd like to see a full version history, because you never know from how far back a user may bu coming, and they/I will need to know ALL the changes since the very old version we had originally.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #11
Solicitous
Wizard

Well I think I will wait until next week. Looking forward to the additional functionality with the scroll wheel (especially for TTS).

Good to see Astak testing the firmware before releasing. I rather a late but stable update than released on time and have bugs (fellow Ubuntu users you know what I'm talking about :P)
Old 11-06-2009, 09:55 PM   #12
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Wonderful news! Thank you!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:05 PM   #13
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi Robert

Great to hear Thai language will be supported in next release. How about in-book dictionary look up? sorry to ask again because it is the only feature I long for. Any hope to have it at all?
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 05:46 AM   #14
Solicitous
Wizard

Someone using the Bebook mini firmware mind posting the version info from the PP please? Be nice to use as a comparison to the Astak firmware about to be released.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:23 AM   #15
jusmee
Wizard

Quote:
Someone using the Bebook mini firmware mind posting the version info from the PP please? Be nice to use as a comparison to the Astak firmware about to be released.
Mine shows V2.02NL.09.10.16