Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-15-2009, 12:12 AM   #1
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Unhappy Help, my pocket pro is locked and can't unlock it EDIT: Tech support asked me to RMA

I already pressed reset for a few seconds a couple of times and even removed the battery, and the screen only shows the "keyboard locked...." message. When I press and release the power button and beeps a couple of times and the red light is on, but then nothing happens, and when I press and hold power nothing happens.

I got to this state by accidentally removing the SD card when it was locked (not off)

Last edited by SDRebel; 09-15-2009 at 05:12 PM.
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:02 AM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
I already pressed reset for a few seconds a couple of times and even removed the battery, and the screen only shows the "keyboard locked...." message. When I press and release the power button and beeps a couple of times and the red light is on, but then nothing happens, and when I press and hold power nothing happens.
(
If the V5 is like the V3, it may help to repeat all or some of the above with the V5 USB port connected to a charging source.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 08:14 AM   #3
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
If the V5 is like the V3, it may help to repeat all or some of the above with the V5 USB port connected to a charging source.
i just tried the reset and power buttons while it was connected, and no luck. I also tried the firmware upgrade combination (top page turn and power button), and connecting it to the computer, and neither one worked.
The following causes to geet the beeps (4 short beeps)
briefly press power button
briefly press reset button
connect device to power outlet
connect device to computer

no success yet
Old 09-15-2009, 08:22 AM   #4
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
i just tried the reset and power buttons while it was connected, and no luck. I also tried the firmware upgrade combination (top page turn and power button), and connecting it to the computer, and neither one worked.
The following causes to geet the beeps (4 short beeps)
briefly press power button
briefly press reset button
connect device to power outlet
connect device to computer

no success yet
The only other trick that I know from V3 experience is to do the startup/reset with the battery completely removed with the device connected to a USB power source.

Last edited by Dave_S; 09-15-2009 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Replace V5 with V3
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:41 AM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Any joy yet?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #6
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Reset button

One quick comment: I just had a mp4 player lock on me. I tried all the usuals including pressing the reset with a safety pen point. After giving up for a while, I spotted a large paperclip on my desk. I used the wider, flat paper clip in the hole and it reset immediately. The safety pin point didn't work where the flat paperclip did.

Good luck.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:50 AM   #7
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
The only other trick that I know from V3 experience is to do the startup/reset with the battery completely removed with the device connected to a USB power source.
I though about it but didn't try it. I'll try later today after work. I also sent an email to support already.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:57 AM   #8
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
Seem battery is out of power...
just plug in power for while, the LED will always on until enough for boot up.
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:07 AM   #9
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
One quick comment: I just had a mp4 player lock on me. I tried all the usuals including pressing the reset with a safety pen point. After giving up for a while, I spotted a large paperclip on my desk. I used the wider, flat paper clip in the hole and it reset immediately. The safety pin point didn't work where the flat paperclip did.

Good luck.

AJ
that happened to me the other day with the router, but I could tell when I was pressing the reset button though, thanks for the try
Old 09-15-2009, 10:08 AM   #10
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keng2000 View Post
Seem battery is out of power...
just plug in power for while, the LED will always on until enough for boot up.
I left it connected over night
Old 09-15-2009, 10:09 AM   #11
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Any joy yet?
no joy yet
great, I messed up my birthday present and it's not even my bday yet (it's tomorrow)
Old 09-15-2009, 11:24 AM   #12
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
no joy yet
great, I messed up my birthday present and it's not even my bday yet (it's tomorrow)
I think if it's messed up, it's not your fault. It sounds like it might really be broke.

Last edited by kennyc; 09-15-2009 at 11:38 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:32 AM   #13
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
If you are having that kind of issues get on the horn to support.

Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:35 AM   #14
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I think if it's mess up, it's not your fault. It sounds like it might really be broke.

it does sound like it's fracked up
Old 09-15-2009, 11:36 AM   #15
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
If you are having that kind of issues get on the horn to support.

Chuck
yeah, I sent an email this morning, but I'll try to call after work. It was too early this morning since I am in Texas and have CST and they are in CA

Tags
help needed pocket pro